Running Game

BHendri5

Reaction score
How many tonight see that we do have a running game? It's not what we're use to because we do not have a dynamic RB, we have second and third team RBs in the 1 and 2 roll. This running game fits our current offensive style, and when we need it, it's sufficient, and there will come a time when it will look and perform like what we're use to and Pollard or Dowdle will have a 100 or more yards

BHendri5

Reaction score
We don't have a running game that wouldn't prevent me from taking a an RB in the 2nd,3rd round in the draft.
Trey Benson is my 2024 Bijan Robinson obsession.
Oh I agree 100% I played RB, I love that position. I also played Safety, CB and WR. So I really pay attention to those positions but I pay more attention now days to the OL, because Offense can't do anything if the OL is not executing. Anyone old enough to remember besides me to remember Preston Pearson? That was one of my favorite RBs growing up because he could beat you carrying the ball or catching the ball

ICP

Reaction score
We need a banger that can get short yardage 1st down and block well. Yeah I know ......

Roadtrip635

Reaction score
I clicked on the stats icon on the Prime broadcast and it showed that Pollard had 20 carries for 68 yds which is 3.4 yds/carry, but Next Gen stats also showed his yards after contact were 3.4...........

HungryLion

Reaction score
How many tonight see that we do have a running game? It's not what we're use to because we do not have a dynamic RB, we have second and third team RBs in the 1 and 2 roll. This running game fits our current offensive style, and when we need it, it's sufficient, and there will come a time when it will look and perform like what we're use to and Pollard or Dowdle will have a 100 or more yards
136 rushing yards tonight. Not a bad night overall.

glimmerman

Reaction score
Dak took one tonight on the option. Was nice to see. But other than that no scramble and run. He had shots tonight he did not take. But when you’re throwing that good then it’s hard..

catiii

Reaction score
I'll never understand the constant pounding of Pollard up the middle on first down. It's either a negative play or a gain of 2 at most.

Running game doesn't look playoff ready to me. Very inconsistent.
That seems to be the only play MM knows on 1st down and it was teeing me off. Everyone knew we were going up the middle every 1st down.