Running the ball

Galian Beast

Reaction score
We're going up against

- Washington Commanders
- Detroit Lions
- New England Patriots

This is really our opportunity to establish the run, and take pressure off of romo and our banged up receiving corps.

Two games in, isn't much of a sample, but the two defenses we went up against in the Jets and 49ers are 8th and 1st in run defense in the league. Perhaps a bit of that is a self fulfilling prophecy, but I digress.

The next three games pits us against 24th ranked rushing defense (4.8 ypc), 23rd ranked rushing defense (4.6 ypc) and the 20th ranked rushing defense (4.5 ypc).

I really hope we're healthy by week 6, because I think we could definitely give New England trouble if we're firing on all cylinders.

I think obviously it hasn't looked good so far, but I really think that will change, starting this week, especially if Felix is good to go.

Idgit

Fattening up
Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
CowboyMcCoy;4130843 said:
Run? This early in the season?

But this is a passing league.

It's cool when the weeks come up when you have an opportunity to focus on some of the things that don't really have an impact on whether or not you win the games. I bet if you could somehow get good at all those things, it'd correlate somehow to victories. Not in any way that necessarily shows up in the stats, but in a way you could see with your own eyes and feel good about.

basstapp

Reaction score
Detroit has the best D-line in football. I don't think our game-plan is to run. We have the most dynamic receivers in the game in Dez, Witten and Austin.

Future

Intramural Legend
Reaction score
basstapp;4130889 said:
Detroit has the best D-line in football. I don't think our game-plan is to run. We have the most dynamic receivers in the game in Dez, Witten and Austin.
One will be out and two, as of now, are gimpy. Not to mention the fact that our quarterback has already taken about 12 weeks worth of beating.

Running the football should be our gameplan every week.

Boyzmamacita

CowBabe Up!!!
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
basstapp;4130889 said:

If other teams are averaging 4.6 per carry against them, I like our chances of establishing a running game against them.

Ashwynn

Reaction score
Boyzmamacita;4131123 said:
If other teams are averaging 4.6 per carry against them, I like our chances of establishing a running game against them.

I'm leaving Felix in regardless of my other backs on my fantasy team.

I agree that much!

CowboyMcCoy

Business is a Boomin
Reaction score
Idgit;4130878 said:
It's cool when the weeks come up when you have an opportunity to focus on some of the things that don't really have an impact on whether or not you win the games. I bet if you could somehow get good at all those things, it'd correlate somehow to victories. Not in any way that necessarily shows up in the stats, but in a way you could see with your own eyes and feel good about.

Yeah, man, I would feel good about busting up the Skins with the run. We've got 3 pair of fresh legs ready to go while Felix is banged up. I'm thinking this is the week of the run, but we've got to find a way to move it on the ground, utilize our TEs, blocking and passing, and then let Romo air it out. I hope to see some old-school, smash mouth football coming up pretty soon. I hope Garrett plans the game where we can control the clock and let our defense just stop them.

I'm thinking we'll be OK even though we don't have Jenkins.