Russell Wilson might not play?

Status
Not open for further replies.

LandryFan

Proud Native Texan, USMC-1972-79, USN-1983-2000
Reaction score
I caught the tail end of a show in SIRIUS NFL Radio a few minutes ago and they were saying that Wilson may not be able to play tomorrow because of a knee injury sustained in a recent practice. I could find nothing on NFL.Com or anywhere else that addressed that topic. Has anyone else heard anything at all about this? That would be a major development, if true. I don't even know who Seattle's backup is if Wilson can't go.

LandryFan

Reaction score
Don't know what you heard but it isn't true.

What I stated is what I heard, which is why I was asking. I believe it was Pat Kerwin talking about it. Perhaps they were speculating...I'm really not sure. At any rate, I am 100% sure of what they said, but didn't catch the whole story, just the latter part of it. I'm not trying to spread anything untrue, just trying to find out if anyone else had heard about it.

JohnsKey19

Reaction score
I caught the tail end of a show in SIRIUS NFL Radio a few minutes ago and they were saying that Wilson may not be able to play tomorrow because of a knee injury sustained in a recent practice. I could find nothing on NFL.Com or anywhere else that addressed that topic. Has anyone else heard anything at all about this? That would be a major development, if true. I don't even know who Seattle's backup is if Wilson can't go.

Wrong Russell.

Russell Okung is questionable due to an ankle suffered during Thursdays practice.

LandryFan

Reaction score
Wrong Russell.

Russell Okung is questionable due to an ankle suffered during Thursdays practice.

Yep, just went to Seahawks website and saw Russell Okungs name...I heard "Russell" and thought they were referring to Wilson. End of thread...my apologies.

visionary

Reaction score
That is great news
Already bad OL down another starter
Our DL better make life hell for Wilson

No excuses

Amy50632

Reaction score
The Cowboys are notorious for making backup quarterbacks, especially those with little experience, look like all-pros.

Yup. They are also notorious for beating teams we don't expect them to beat, yet lose to teams they should of beaten.

Last edited:

MichaelWinicki

"You want some?"
Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
The Cowboys are notorious for making backup quarterbacks, especially those with little experience, look like all-pros.

You bet.

And this phenomenon doesn't go back a few seasons... it goes back decades. Back then we called it the "Marc Wilson" affect in honor of the LA Raiders backup who shedded the Cowboys in the early 80's.

Status
Not open for further replies.