RB Washington

PICK: 233 RND: 7 (DAL)
Jaylan FORD
LB Texas

PICK: 244 RND: 7 (DAL)
Jaden SHIRDEN
RB Monmouth

This mock draft was completed on https://www.nfldraftbuzz.com/simulator

I'll do the YT and measurements next post.

RustyBourneHorse

Reaction score
PICK: 24 RND: 1 (DAL)
Tyler GUYTON
OT Oklahoma

https://www.nfl.com/prospects/tyler-guyton/32004755-5973-4424-47c4-5396aaed336f

Replaced Tyron Smith

PICK: 56 RND: 2 (DAL)
T'Vondre SWEAT
DT Texas

https://www.nfl.com/prospects/t-vondre-sweat/32005357-4503-6191-3121-111b51ed5d1a

We need a NT.

PICK: 87 RND: 3 (DAL)
Calen BULLOCK
S USC

https://www.nfl.com/prospects/calen-bullock/32004255-4c47-5420-e681-392e513abf49

A beast of a safety.

PICK: 174 RND: 5 (DAL)
Marist LIUFAU
LB Notre Dame

https://www.nfl.com/prospects/marist-liufau/32004c49-5509-8197-2b25-ee72cdcbe615

A run stopper. Gives us lb depth and an ability to stop the run.

PICK: 216 RND: 6 (DAL)
Dillon JOHNSON
RB Washington

https://www.nfl.com/prospects/dillon-johnson/32004a4f-4820-2839-7d49-58385f20e90d

Super quick back, and he could be a good lead back.

Jaylan FORD
LB Texas

https://www.nfl.com/prospects/jaylan-ford/3200464f-5222-9985-c677-cbfd5c113949

More depth at lb

Jaden SHIRDEN
RB Monmouth

https://www.nfl.com/prospects/jaden-shirden/32005348-4952-2291-c4be-de3a50e49dc2

https://youtu.be/wV7r1ziDQgA?si=9_nqwa7Cx3ovvxsu

Carter

Reaction score
Not a fan of this

Guyton will be Boom or Bust. Too risky if you need a save starter at 24. He has small hands and likely projects to be a Guard. We need LT and C more. Also big durability concerns with his injury history.

Sweat i would take completely off the board after his DUI and reports of him being unserious. Maybe in the 4th but not if you need 3 starters out of the first three picks.

Not a fan of a Safety in Round 3. Safety is looking solid so far, with Bell moving back to Safety. Would like to pick up a WR in this draft that is deep at that position. We still have WR3 open for grabs.

RodeoJake

Reaction score
Those first two picks have potential, but ain't got a brain between them.

Don't know know much about the others, but they seem solid.

Rayman70

Reaction score
Here's my promised draft with no trades. The trade 2.0 will be coming Wednesday

PICK: 24 RND: 1 (DAL)
Tyler GUYTON
OT Oklahoma

PICK: 56 RND: 2 (DAL)
T'Vondre SWEAT
DT Texas

PICK: 87 RND: 3 (DAL)
Calen BULLOCK
S USC

PICK: 174 RND: 5 (DAL)
Marist LIUFAU
LB Notre Dame

PICK: 216 RND: 6 (DAL)
Dillon JOHNSON
RB Washington

Jaylan FORD
LB Texas

Jaden SHIRDEN
RB Monmouth

This mock draft was completed on https://www.nfldraftbuzz.com/simulator

I'll do the YT and measurements next post.
I LIKE all except GUYTON but Ford won't last til late.If we want him its rd 3.

Rayman70

Reaction score
me and my wife on draft day when we are on the clock
OIP.V407iQwnUt7GK-r4BTgdBgAAAA

John813

Reaction score
Sweat in the 2nd?

To me, he's a day 3 pick. He's a plugger and a supposed knucklehead.
Guys like him get hyped and then fall in the draft as they are fat, slow and offer nothing in the passing game.
Sure, he may be able to "plug" a gap, but if he's slow off the snap and slow up the field he's easily neutralized.

Zone blocking eliminated the average 2 Down DTs. Especially outside zone.

A couple years back guys like Slaton were being mocked higher than they ultimately went. Purely run stopping DTs don't have much value unless they have some athletic upside(SPARQ cough cough Dallas).

Sweat in the 5th I would take the risk. But I rather see the team draft another cripple LB or RB in the 2nd over a 2 down DT.

Rayman70

Reaction score
LOVE THE DILLON JOHNSON PICK! Late rd dog. This kid gives me DeMarco Murray vibes. Im in the camp that we dont need a rb early. I think the team agrees. Which is why we went ahead and brought in Freeman. It will be rb by committee but down the stretch this kid will earn the lion's share of the starting reps.

RustyBourneHorse

Reaction score
Not a fan of this

Guyton will be Boom or Bust. Too risky if you need a save starter at 24. He has small hands and likely projects to be a Guard. We need LT and C more. Also big durability concerns with his injury history.

Sweat i would take completely off the board after his DUI and reports of him being unserious. Maybe in the 4th but not if you need 3 starters out of the first three picks.

Not a fan of a Safety in Round 3. Safety is looking solid so far, with Bell moving back to Safety. Would like to pick up a WR in this draft that is deep at that position. We still have WR3 open for grabs.

I thought about going with Mims from Georgia, but I have a gut feeling that Guyton is who the Cowboys are going to take. As for Sweat, I see that. However, we do need a NT, and he has a lot of potential. Plus, I think his DWI might be why Jerry uses a 2nd round pick. Unfortunately, I think this will end up being the pick (I personally would like the NT from TAMU in round 5). As for safety, I get that. However, Bullock looks like a ball hawk safety and was easily the best available when I was picking.

RustyBourneHorse

Reaction score
I LIKE all except GUYTON but Ford won't last til late.If we want him its rd 3.

I could see that with Ford. I wanted to make sure our late round picks were linebackers. We need depth there in the worst way, so double dipping at Lb is critical.

Carter

Reaction score
I thought about going with Mims from Georgia, but I have a gut feeling that Guyton is who the Cowboys are going to take. As for Sweat, I see that. However, we do need a NT, and he has a lot of potential. Plus, I think his DWI might be why Jerry uses a 2nd round pick. Unfortunately, I think this will end up being the pick (I personally would like the NT from TAMU in round 5). As for safety, I get that. However, Bullock looks like a ball hawk safety and was easily the best available when I was picking.
Mims is 99% off the board when we pick. I think its between JPJ, Barton, Suamataia, Morgan and Guyton that they choose from. Barton also likely gone. Rumours that the Steelers take him.

JPJ has Hip and Concussion concerns
Guyton only started 13 Games in 3 Years because of health issues! He also has small hands. See him better at Guard.

I think its between Suamataia and Morgan. Hopefully in a tradeback scenario.

Dont think we need a NT that early. They just drafted one in the 1st last year that is bulking up again. I see the need but would rather draft Fiske in the third than.

Sweat screams Randy Gregory 2.0 or worse to me.

RustyBourneHorse

Reaction score
LOVE THE DILLON JOHNSON PICK! Late rd dog. This kid gives me DeMarco Murray vibes. Im in the camp that we dont need a rb early. I think the team agrees. Which is why we went ahead and brought in Freeman. It will be rb by committee but down the stretch this kid will earn the lion's share of the starting reps.

I just hope he doesn't fumble like Murray lol. That said, he really does remind me a lot of Murray too. I think a lot of good backs can be had late, and I think Johnson might be the best running back prospect in the draft. I also double dipped there because I think the back I took from Monmouth looks like he could be an interesting prospect. I think our RB room would end up being Johnson, Vaughn, Shirden, and probably one other prospect. I thought about also going WR, but I think we're okay at WR. We can always get one undrafted, and I have some ideas there.

RustyBourneHorse

Reaction score
Mims is 99% off the board when we pick. I think its between JPJ, Barton, Suamataia, Morgan and Guyton that they choose from. Barton also likely gone. Rumours that the Steelers take him.

Dont think we need a NT that early. They just drafted one in the 1st last year that is bulking up again. I see the need but would rather draft Fiske in the third than.

Sweat screams Randy Gregory 2.0 or worse to me.

I'd be all for Suamataia. We need oline round 1 imo. I suppose, if Sweat isn't the pick (and I can probably do a 3.0 today with no trades), I'd instead go for the best available linebacker. The important thing is we need to lockdown against the run. We struggle in that department, and it has to get fixed.

Carter

Reaction score
I'd be all for Suamataia. We need oline round 1 imo. I suppose, if Sweat isn't the pick (and I can probably do a 3.0 today with no trades), I'd instead go for the best available linebacker. The important thing is we need to lockdown against the run. We struggle in that department, and it has to get fixed.
I took Suamataia in my tradedown mock today. I think hes the safest bet at LT in our draft position.

Linebacker is a big need. I took Payton Wilson in the 2nd but hes not really a run stopping LB. Theres no really elite MLB in this class.

RustyBourneHorse

Reaction score
I took Suamataia in my tradedown mock today. I think hes the safest bet at LT in our draft position.

Linebacker is a big need. I took Payton Wilson in the 2nd but hes not really a run stopping LB. Theres no really elite MLB in this class.

Payton wasn't available when I was drafting. To me, the best run stopping back (after the first round) that I have found is likely Liufau. He was really good at that at Notre Dame. The trouble is, I suppose, that was all he was good at. But, considering our struggles against the run, that's perfect for us.