RW11 Running with first team today

Mr Cowboy

Reaction score
I'm listening to Talking Cowboys on Ticket 760, which I think is the best daily Cowboys talk show, and Nate and Nick said that RW11 was running first team at practice today in many of the sets.

Unlike the media from DMN, FWST, and others, they get to watch the entire practice since they work for the Cowboys.

www.ticket760.com

theogt

Surrealist
Reaction score
There are only so many pass routes you can call. Shouldn't take long to get him integrated. Timing is the only thing, but that shouldn't be much of a problem considering he's such a big target.

LeonDixson

Illegitimi non carborundum
Reaction score
theogt;2343052 said:
There are only so many pass routes you can call. Shouldn't take long to get him integrated. Timing is the only thing, but that shouldn't be much of a problem considering he's such a big target.
I doubt any of the receivers have established very much timing with Brad anyway. This is the first week he will get significant snaps in practice.

heavyg

Reaction score
BraveHeartFan;2343064 said:
I think he'll be able to contribute just fine come Sunday.

I think his biggest contribution will come in the form of drawing the coverage off the other guys

dougonthebench

Cowboys Forever
Reaction score
BraveHeartFan;2343132 said:
Yep. That all on it's own will make the move worth it.

Its already worth it,try and double team TO now.Roy on the other side with Crayton/Austin in the slot?and....dont forget Witten!I see the explosive offense we had last year resurface again!

zrinkill

Cowboy Fan
Reaction score
CowboysZone LOYAL Fan
Williams and Owens should make a deal that every time one of them scores they celebrate together. A planned thing.

It would really piss off the media to show that type of unity.

Though most likely it would be spinned that T.O. is rubbing off on Williams.

Boyzmamacita

CowBabe Up!!!
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
sacowboysfan513;2343128 said:
The first play of Sunday, flea flicker to Roy Williams. lol
Can Brad heave it deep enough? Maybe we should have Patrick throw it to him. Now he has a rocket arm.:)

Boyzmamacita

CowBabe Up!!!
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
zrinkill;2343150 said:
Williams and Owens should make a deal that every time one of them scores they celebrate together. A planned thing.

It would really piss off the media to show that type of unity.

Though most likely it would be spinned that T.O. is rubbing off on Williams.
Don't know how serious you are, but there's a rule against planned celebrations. And, boy, do officials just love to toss a flag where TO is involved.

Yeagermeister

Reaction score
Boyzmamacita;2343157 said:
Can Brad heave it deep enough? Maybe we should have Patrick throw it to him. Now he has a rocket arm.:)

He can but it might be his only pass of the game :laugh2:

dback

Reaction score
heavyg;2343069 said:
I think his biggest contribution will come in the form of drawing the coverage off the other guys

I think this will be RW11's biggest immediate contribution to our offense.

AdamJT13

Salary Cap Analyst
Reaction score
According to K.C. Joyner, Roy E. was the NFL's second-best wide receiver last season on passes thrown fewer than 10 yards downfield.

Hmm, if only we had a quarterback with a propensity for throwing short passes.

BigDFan5

Cowboys Make me Drink
Reaction score
I assume RW11 will wear a chart of plays on his wrist so he knows what to do on calls he hasnt learned yet

Mr Cowboy

Reaction score
Hostile;2343153 said:
Did they say whether Romo is practicing or not?
He was dressed, w/o shoulder pads, tried to throw a few, but did not participate in the practice.

leotisbrown

Half Fast Analysis
Reaction score
I bet Roy's popped up hard with gleeful thoughtings on all the balls he gonna get smacked up with on Sundays!

Yaaaay to Mister Jerry Jones for getting it done! :bow:

BigDFan5

Cowboys Make me Drink
Reaction score
AdamJT13;2343168 said:
According to K.C. Joyner, Roy E. was the NFL's second-best wide receiver last season on passes thrown fewer than 10 yards downfield.

Hmm, if only we had a quarterback with a propensity for throwing short passes.

You're in luck!!

Milk.jpg