S Myron Rolle FSU

Biggems

White and Nerdy
Reaction score
I hope he gets the Rhode's scholarship. I am not a fan of FSU or many of their players. However, this kid is special. He definitely has his head on straight. I could care less if he ever plays a down in the NFL. His passion is in medicine and he wants to become the best doctor he can be and do all he can to heal the sick around the world.

His impact as a doctor would be far greater than his impact as a football player.

With that being said, he will be entering the draft. I am curious to see if his stock drops if he is awarded the Rhodes scholarship. If it does drop, how far?

ThatsmyQB

Benched
Reaction score
Biggems;2419017 said:
I hope he gets the Rhode's scholarship. I am not a fan of FSU or many of their players. However, this kid is special. He definitely has his head on straight. I could care less if he ever plays a down in the NFL. His passion is in medicine and he wants to become the best doctor he can be and do all he can to heal the sick around the world.

His impact as a doctor would be far greater than his impact as a football player.

With that being said, he will be entering the draft. I am curious to see if his stock drops if he is awarded the Rhodes scholarship. If it does drop, how far?

Please, as a kid you dream of playing int he NFL, not being a doctor, being a doctor is GREAT, but no way he skips the NFL to be a doctro when he can play in the NFL and become a dtor later on in 10 years when he retires.
His stock wont' drop at all and he wont' be available when we pick, I like him, but he's a 1st round pick.

Biggems

White and Nerdy
Reaction score
ThatsmyQB;2419032 said:
Please, as a kid you dream of playing int he NFL, not being a doctor, being a doctor is GREAT, but no way he skips the NFL to be a doctro when he can play in the NFL and become a dtor later on in 10 years when he retires.
His stock wont' drop at all and he wont' be available when we pick, I like him, but he's a 1st round pick.

not all kids dream of only being athletes. lots of kids dream about being singers, actors, doctors, firefighters, police officers, soldiers, and even teachers. I know it is hard for you to fathom.....but it is true. I for one always wanted to be Jacques Cousteau growing up. I thought he had the most exciting job on the planet.

yes being a doctor can wait, but very few get the Rhodes scholarship and the opportunity to study at Oxford. IMO, that is more impressive than the NFL....but I can already tell you value sports over academics based on your initial reply.

im not thinking about us drafting him. i am thinking about his stock in general.

ThatsmyQB

Benched
Reaction score
Biggems;2419044 said:
but I can already tell you value sports over academics based on your initial reply.

No, I thikn if he was some SCRUB who was gonna be picked in round 7, I say go be a doctor and go to the school, but since he's gonna be GUARANTEED about at least a million dollars by not going, I just dont' see the ECONOMIC reasoning behind holding off until you have played in the NFL.
I know not everyone dreams about playing in the NFL, but I'll tell you that if you played highschool football and then played 4 years of college football, playing in the NFL is a dream come true cause "OBVIOUSLY" you love football otherwise you wouldn't be playing it.

im not thinking about us drafting him. i am thinking about his stock in general

If you're not thinking about us drafting him, WHY give a flying F what it will do to his stock?

Biggems

White and Nerdy
Reaction score
ThatsmyQB;2419120 said:
No, I thikn if he was some SCRUB who was gonna be picked in round 7, I say go be a doctor and go to the school, but since he's gonna be GUARANTEED about at least a million dollars by not going, I just dont' see the ECONOMIC reasoning behind holding off until you have played in the NFL.
I know not everyone dreams about playing in the NFL, but I'll tell you that if you played highschool football and then played 4 years of college football, playing in the NFL is a dream come true cause "OBVIOUSLY" you love football otherwise you wouldn't be playing it.

If you're not thinking about us drafting him, WHY give a flying F what it will do to his stock?

i am just discussing players.....sorry that my intentions and reasoning doesnt fit into your neat little box......

ThatsmyQB

Benched
Reaction score
Biggems;2419140 said:
ThatsmyQB;2419120 said:
i am just discussing players.....sorry that my intentions and reasoning doesnt fit into your neat little box......

Well, this is a COWBOYS draft board, why bother discussing players who you are not interested in us drafting?
Why don't we start a whole thread on Tim Tebow for a COMPLETE Waste of time?
:laugh2:

Biggems

White and Nerdy
Reaction score
ThatsmyQB;2419210 said:
Biggems;2419140 said:
Well, this is a COWBOYS draft board, why bother discussing players who you are not interested in us drafting?
Why don't we start a whole thread on Tim Tebow for a COMPLETE Waste of time?

if you feel it is a complete waste of time, why do you come to the thread and post in it, not once, but multiple times. it seems to me that you have nothing but free time on your hands.

i am more than happy to discuss tim tebow....although i don't care for him all that much. however, he seems to be quite the quality person off the field and one helluva leader on it. I just hate the Gators with a passion....ever since Spurrier.

KingintheNorth

Chris in Arizona
Reaction score
I've seen Rolle all over the place in mock drafts..from high first to third round. From what I've seen he's a player and will probably help a NFL team right away. If he slips out of the first round and continues slipping he is definitely the kind of player I could see Jerry moving up for.

Plus, didn't they change the format so that only Rounds 1 and 2 are done on the 1st day? Meaning we only have the 1 choice, probably at the bottom of the 2nd round. Does anyone really think Jerry can go the whole first day without making some noise?

ThatsmyQB

Benched
Reaction score
Biggems;2427553 said:
ThatsmyQB;2419210 said:
i am more than happy to discuss tim tebow.....

YOU ARE NOT ALLOWED to discuss ANYTHING football related EVER AGAIN!
You are the same person who thinks it's a GOOD IDEA to draft an O.L.B. with our TOP draft pick this year when we already have our starters SET IN STONE with TWO former 1st round draft picks in Ware and Spencer! LOL

So you are BANNED from discussing ANYTHING football or draft related for being completely CLUELESS as to the team needs of your favorite football team.

ThatsmyQB

Benched
Reaction score
Chris in SoCal;2428167 said:
I've seen Rolle all over the place in mock drafts..from high first to third round. From what I've seen he's a player and will probably help a NFL team right away. If he slips out of the first round and continues slipping he is definitely the kind of player I could see Jerry moving up for.

Plus, didn't they change the format so that only Rounds 1 and 2 are done on the 1st day? Meaning we only have the 1 choice, probably at the bottom of the 2nd round. Does anyone really think Jerry can go the whole first day without making some noise?

Rolle will definately not make it out of round 1, but I think you're right, I can see Jerry trading up if he sees a playmaker he likes, maybe 10-15 at most though IMO.

Biggems

White and Nerdy
Reaction score
ThatsmyQB;2428760 said:
Biggems;2427553 said:
YOU ARE NOT ALLOWED to discuss ANYTHING football related EVER AGAIN!
You are the same person who thinks it's a GOOD IDEA to draft an O.L.B. with our TOP draft pick this year when we already have our starters SET IN STONE with TWO former 1st round draft picks in Ware and Spencer! LOL

So you are BANNED from discussing ANYTHING football or draft related for being completely CLUELESS as to the team needs of your favorite football team.

you do realize your humor is severely lacking. if you are trying to be funny you fail miserably. I will call you the Coyote....and humor is the Road Runner....

ThatsmyQB

Benched
Reaction score
Biggems;2429073 said:
ThatsmyQB;2428760 said:
you do realize your humor is severely lacking. if you are trying to be funny you fail miserably. I will call you the Coyote....and humor is the Road Runner....

TRUST ME, nothinig was meant to be funny AT ALL!
I was DEAD SERIOUS, if you think it's a good idea to draft an O.L.B. with our top pick you are COMPLETELY INCOMPETANT to our team needs and are CLUELESS when it comes to the DRAFT in general and how it works , NOT MEANT TO BE FUNNY once again..

DaBoys4Life

Benched
Reaction score
ThatsmyQB;2429986 said:
TRUST ME, nothinig was meant to be funny AT ALL!
I was DEAD SERIOUS, if you think it's a good idea to draft an O.L.B. with our top pick you are COMPLETELY INCOMPETANT to our team needs and are CLUELESS when it comes to the DRAFT in general and how it works , NOT MEANT TO BE FUNNY once again..

He was joking about the Tebow thing. What is wrong with picking a LB first?

KingintheNorth

Chris in Arizona
Reaction score
DaBoys4Life;2430014 said:

DeMarcus Ware 2005 1st round pick
Bobby Carpenter 2006 1st round pick
Anthony Spencer 2007 1st round pick

3 1st rounders in the last 4 drafts. I agree that we may need to draft a linebacker, especially if Greg Ellis is booted, Bobby Carpenter is traded, and Kevin Burnett leaves as a free agent, but we really need to draft a true NT and a cover FS.

As far as Tebow. NFL Scouts aren't sure about him. Some think he's a 1st rounder, others think he can't make the necessary throws to be a NFL QB.

Let me ask Cowboy fans this..if Romo was unable to play and we absolutely needed the win, who would you want.. Tim Tebow or Brooks Bollinger?

DaBoys4Life

Benched
Reaction score
Chris in SoCal;2430056 said:
DeMarcus Ware 2005 1st round pick
Bobby Carpenter 2006 1st round pick
Anthony Spencer 2007 1st round pick

3 1st rounders in the last 4 drafts. I agree that we may need to draft a linebacker, especially if Greg Ellis is booted, Bobby Carpenter is traded, and Kevin Burnett leaves as a free agent, but we really need to draft a true NT and a cover FS.

As far as Tebow. NFL Scouts aren't sure about him. Some think he's a 1st rounder, others think he can't make the necessary throws to be a NFL QB.

Let me ask Cowboy fans this..if Romo was unable to play and we absolutely needed the win, who would you want.. Tim Tebow or Brooks Bollinger?

That's like asking us how would you rather die. slow painful torture or slow painful torture.

ThatsmyQB

Benched
Reaction score
DaBoys4Life;2430014 said:

If you mean I.L.B. to replace Zach Thomas, then maybe, but he said O.L.B. and so I'll ask the question again, WHY ON EARTH if you have Demarcus Ware and Anthony Spencer on your team already would you use your TOP PICK on an O.L.B.?????????

Biggems

White and Nerdy
Reaction score
ThatsmyQB;2430263 said:
If you mean I.L.B. to replace Zach Thomas, then maybe, but he said O.L.B. and so I'll ask the question again, WHY ON EARTH if you have Demarcus Ware and Anthony Spencer on your team already would you use your TOP PICK on an O.L.B.?????????

if OLB is the best player available when we pick, why not? you can never have too many passrushers. Plus, we cannot keep Ware on the field the whole game without a breather for 16 games, year in and year out. He will get worn down fast.

DaBoys4Life

Benched
Reaction score
ThatsmyQB;2430263 said:

Once again OLB in a 4-3 tend to get moved to ILB. Just like DE's from a 4-3 tend to be moved to OLB in a 3-4. Get it?