Sad state of affairs...

lewpac

Benched
Reaction score
LatinMind;1301132 said:
i really dont have any complaints about the game today. it got old even in the mid 90's to see the same teams over and over . when dallas was on top they stayed there. when they werent they were never in contension.

i like in todays game that there are suprise teams. like when NE snuck up on everybody. now the chargers are doing that. in todays game everybody has a shot. in yesteryears game there were maybe 5 teams who had a legit shot
It depends on your preferance and you're wholly entitled to enjoy this "new" day in Pro Football. Like I said, nobody right or wrong, I think alot depends on your age and your past as a fan.............and of what team your a fan of.
I'm not THAT old, but I could remember a day that I could name you the entire Dallas Cowboy roster, every starter, for 15-20 years. I could probably still name you the starting Offense and Defense of the '70's, player by player. There was continuity then, dependability as a fan that YOUR team was in tact and coming back next year for another run. What did I read about this year's Saints team? Something like 32 players of the 45 man roster were'nt on this team last year? Again, I'm not saying "right or wrong", but that just doesn't compute with me. After the run we had in the early 90's, I gotta' honestly tell you that I lost track even of the Cowboys team. Maybe 'cause we weren't winning too, but I couldn't name you 10 Cowboys in 2000-2001. When Dallas let Dexter Coakley go, that's when I finally got it through my head that "this isn't your Daddys' NFL anymore". I really liked Coakley, he came up through the draft, in the system, tough guy, fast, etc.........
I thought, "now here's a throwback, a Cowboy for life. Maybe I could even buy his jersey". But no, just another free-agency casualty.
I'm thick-headed like that. Took me until 2003 to figure out there's no going back.