Safety to replace RW, only one name needs mentioned

jksmith269

Proud Navy Veteran 1990-1995
Reaction score
Myron Rolle, from FSU. This guy is not only smart, graduating pre-med working on stem cell's with a 3.75 GPA and Rhodes Scholor finalist, but this boy can play. He was the number 1 recruit out of HS in 06 played RB, and CB in HS and has a great career in FSU. He can cover and bring the wood. Watch this guy over the next couple weeks and at the combine, that is if he decides on the NFL over Oxford and medical school...

Reaction score
I don't know, man. Taylor Mays, FS/SS, USC, is a genetic freak. His size/speed ration are unbelievable, at 6-4, 225, and a 4.35 40. Even at the size of a LB, Mays is starting at FS for USC. If he runs a low 4.3, look for him to be the first Safety taken, probably in the top 5.

If we can get a game changing SS, our defense will step up several notches. Just look at the guys at Polomula, Sanders, Gibril Wilson, Adrian Wilson, etc., who change the whole momentum of a game. With Ken Hamlin at one spot, all we need is a SS who can cover the entire field, and lay on a few slobberknockers a game. Go Cowboys!

Bigdog

Reaction score
Cogan;2306484 said:
I don't know, man. Taylor Mays, FS/SS, USC, is a genetic freak. His size/speed ration are unbelievable, at 6-4, 225, and a 4.35 40. Even at the size of a LB, Mays is starting at FS for USC. If he runs a low 4.3, look for him to be the first Safety taken, probably in the top 5.

If we can get a game changing SS, our defense will step up several notches. Just look at the guys at Polomula, Sanders, Gibril Wilson, Adrian Wilson, etc., who change the whole momentum of a game. With Ken Hamlin at one spot, all we need is a SS who can cover the entire field, and lay on a few slobberknockers a game. Go Cowboys!

I would not put Gibril Wilson in the same category as those other guys. That is just my opinion. I do not think that he is that good. Has not done much for the Raiders this year.