Saints home in on coach decision: Leaning HEAVILY Towards Payton

KingTuna

Reaction score
The Saints are leaning heavily toward offering their head coaching job to Sean Payton, according to league sources, and they likely will decide between Payton and Maurice Carthon within the next day or two. Former Green Bay Packers coach Mike Sherman remains a viable candidate, but he appears to be a distant third choice. Payton, 42, seems to have been the Saints' front-runner throughout their coaching search, which began two weeks ago Monday when the team fired Jim Haslett.

http://www.nola.com/saints/t-p/index.ssf?/base/sports-2/1137481328176100.xml

PPLLLEEEAASSEEEEE!!!!! Take Payton!!!

Hiero

Reaction score
RW Hitman said:
And please take Zimmer with you.... Zimmer can be your sidekick.
:hammer:
I am interested to see who Parcells hires. does he promote todd haley, or bring in a college coach or someone else like Al Saunders.

KingTuna

Reaction score
Hiero said:
:hammer:
I am interested to see who Parcells hires. does he promote todd haley, or bring in a college coach or someone else like Al Saunders.

Twist Dan Henning's arm from Carolina!!

Cajuncowboy

Preacher From The Black Lagoon
Reaction score
How bad can Mike Sherman be if he is pulling up a distant thrid to Payton and Carthon? I actually thought Sherman was a good coach. Just saddled with injuries and age on his later Packer teams. I could be wrong, but wow!

Juke99

...Abbey someone
Reaction score
RW Hitman said:
And please take Zimmer with you.... Zimmer can be your sidekick.

Uhm and if he wants to start a bowling team in the Big Easy, he can always take Sparano and DeHaven with him.