Saints shopping Vacarro

TheCount

Pixel Pusher
Reaction score
Just two weeks into the season, the Saints are planning for a major move on defense.

They spent the early portion of the week calling teams and shopping former first-round safety Kenny Vaccaro, according to multiple sources.

A playmaker on the back end, Vaccaro is a do-everything defensive back who was a starter right off the bat for New Orleans. He'll play this season on his fifth-year option, a one-year guaranteed contract worth $5.7 million.

Full: http://www.nfl.com/news/story/0ap30...saints-shopping-standout-safety-kenny-vaccaro

On the one hand, I'd love to see what Woods can become given more time and it's likely Vacarro ends up a FA if they are looking to trade him already, so we might have a shot at him on the free market.

He's obviously got some ties to Texas, so we might have some sort of edge on the free market and only have to give up cash.

That said, I think he's a talented safety that is an instant upgrade over anyone we've got at SS today and is just 26 years old.

Obviously, "depends on the price" is probably the easiest answer but genuinely curious if you guys would rather see Woods blossom or give up draft pick(s) for Vacarro today.

CowboyStar88

Reaction score
This is a trade I'd be all in on! I think he would make an excellent addition to the defense and he's only 26

okstateCowboy

Reaction score
What would it take to swing that? He would be better than what we are getting out of Heath.

RS12

Reaction score
The Saints are bereft of defensive talent and want to move him. What does that tell you?

dwreck27

Reaction score
If were gonna suck in the secondary at least let it be from talented rookies learning..

Watching the nolan carrolls, jeff heaths right now makes me want to gouge my eyes out

KingintheNorth

Chris in Arizona
Reaction score
I much rather roll with Woods and Frazier who are both better then Vaccaro
Nope.

Just nope.

Vaccaro isn't a world beater but fans of this team have to stop rubber-stamping everyone we roll out there. Frazier is a JAG and Woods is at best, unproven. He also committed one of the dumbest special teams plays I've seen in a while.

I'm not giving up much for Vaccaro but if he's within reasonable reach, the team should consider him.

This FO liked him in the 2013 draft. Supposedly would have taken him at 18 (he went 15th) and not traded down.

Irvin88_4life

Reaction score
Nope.

Just nope.

Vaccaro isn't a world beater but fans of this team have to stop rubber-stamping everyone we roll out there. Frazier is a JAG and Woods is at best, unproven. He also committed one of the dumbest special teams plays I've seen in a while.

I'm not giving up much for Vaccaro but if he's within reasonable reach, the team should consider him.

This FO liked him in the 2013 draft. Supposedly would have taken him at 18 (he went 15th) and not traded down.
Have you watched him play? You taking about 2013..... Vaccaro would be the worst safety in the team. You upgrade not downgrade.

I'm willing to bet had Dallas drafted him at 18 in the first round he and the front office would got so much hate. You think Byron gets it bad, wait to Vaccaro suits up.

Vaccaro isn't going to get better. Woods will, Frazier will. Like i said both of them are better then Vaccaro but keep telling yourself about a player from 2013 draft

Im glad we didn't draft him and got Frederick and Williams instead