Salary Cap Numbers

Mookie

Reaction score
To those salary cap gurus, in what shape are the Cowboys headed into next year? It seems to me Steele, Vander Esch and Gallup can easily be replaced/cut. Would that leave us room to sign CeeDee and a FA or two? What is the current situation and how do you anticipate the Cowboys to manage it for next year with the increase.

ICP

Reaction score
Can't even reply, don't care, honestly don't think it makes any difference. We could be 30 million under the cap like SF and still find a way to piss the entire opportunity away

Captain-Crash

Reaction score
I hope we cut a lot of guys, maybe the whole defense. We need to extend number 4. I know he needs the best football team in the history of the NFL, but he's a leader. If we cut the whole offensive line it won't bother me. He's dak good. I see some great things coming from signing number 4. Heck, even other teams will be ecstatic about us keeping him.

Tabascocat

Dexternjack
Reaction score
CowboysZone LOYAL Fan
The salary cap can be manipulated to sign/keep whoever they want. It’s just an excuse to do nothing. Teams like the Rams and Eagles do it all the time, not sure Stephen knows how.

Setackin

radioactivecowboy88
Reaction score
Can't even reply, don't care, honestly don't think it makes any difference. We could be 30 million under the cap like SF and still find a way to piss the entire opportunity away
They’re 30 mil under the cap??? The next 2 years are going to suuuuck.

Pessimist_cowboy

Reaction score
To those salary cap gurus, in what shape are the Cowboys headed into next year? It seems to me Steele, Vander Esch and Gallup can easily be replaced/cut. Would that leave us room to sign CeeDee and a FA or two? What is the current situation and how do you anticipate the Cowboys to manage it for next year with the increase.
They are currently 14 million over the cap.

If they restructure Martin, Diggs, Lawrence

and if LVE retires and they release Gallup that puts them at 21 million under the cap even if they don’t touch Dak’s deal.

Carter

Reaction score
All depends on Dak. Needs to be either cut post June1st or extended to create any kind of room.

Lamb and Parsons are likely to be the best paid on their position in NFL history which will cripple this team even more going forward.