Samsung shows retail-ready transparent, mirrored OLED

joseephuss

Reaction score
http://www.cnet.com/news/samsung-shows-retail-ready-transparent-mirrored-oled/

Samsung shows retail-ready transparent, mirrored OLED

We're through the looking glass here, shopaholics.

Samsung Display has introduced what it's calling the first mirrored and transparent OLED display panels for commercial use. They were unveiled as part of an exhibit built around personalized shopping at the Hong Kong Convention Centre.

The idea is to make the "consumer purchasing experience more visually engaging," according to the press release. It mentions fitting rooms where customers can model clothing and jewelry before purchase, all with the help of Intel Real Sense, a technology that utilizes enhanced 3D cameras, voice and gesture control, and an automated library of stored "perceptions."

It's primarily a commercial technology for now, but reflective augmented reality in the home is also a possibility. Samsung envisions the displays replacing traditional mirrors, with "digital information services" appearing therein.

YosemiteSam

Unfriendly and Aloof!
Reaction score
I've been a HUGE Samsung TV buyer for close to 10 years now.

The 2015 TVs, they really lowered there quality standards for their LED screens and lots of people have noticed.

I just bought a brand new 55" LED TV last weekend. This time it wasn't Samsumg. I grabbed a Sony 4K TV that has Android TV built-in. It's a real shame about Samsung making such a poor decision like that. It certainly cost them a sale as if they hadn't. I surely would have bought another Samsung as they have been nothing but fantastic since I've been buying them.