San Antonio Hotel Question?

Dhop

Reaction score
Sorry, I'm sure that this has already been answered by you guys but I can't seem to find it with the search function. What hotel does the team stay in during training camp? Also if you guys have any thoughts on staying there vs. other hotels nearby I would appreciate those as well. Trying to get a last minute trip together to go to camp! Thanks!!!

Yeagermeister

Reaction score
Dhop;1552031 said:
Sorry, I'm sure that this has already been answered by you guys but I can't seem to find it with the search function. What hotel does the team stay in during training camp? Also if you guys have any thoughts on staying there vs. other hotels nearby I would appreciate those as well. Trying to get a last minute trip together to go to camp! Thanks!!!

Don't stay at the Hilton near the airport.

Doomsday101

Reaction score
Last time I went to the Alamodome to see a Cowboys pre-season game against Houston I stayed at the Hampton Inn. It is walking distance to the stadium

Hostile

The Duke
Reaction score
Dhop;1552031 said:
The Cowboys almost always stay at Marriott Hotels.

Oh and the advice about not staying at the Airport Hilton was very good. I had a horrible experience there and they still haven't responded to the complaints.

Yeagermeister

Reaction score
Hostile;1552064 said:

Oh and the advice about not staying at the Airport Hilton was very good. I had a horrible experience there and they still haven't responded to the complaints.

I was thinking it was The Marriott but wasn't sure.

CrazyCowboy

Reaction score
Hostile;1552064 said:

I was out that way over the weekend.....and it is even worse......the construction on 410 West by the Airport is a killer.

Hostile

The Duke
Reaction score
CrazyCowboy;1552069 said:
I was out that way over the weekend.....and it is even worse......the construction on 410 West by the Airport is a killer.
The construction wasn't the problem though. It was the room they gave me.

You know that huge wreck on the 410 where the tractor trailer and several cars burned up? I got stuck behind that, within site of our exit ramp for 2 hours. That sucked royally.

peplaw06

That Guy
Reaction score
If they're stayin at the Marriott, I better go buy a camera. I'm gonna bring my Xbox too. There's gonna be a huge party/Madden tournament in room 1345!! Tony, Roy, DeMarcus, TNew and all the boys will be there. Holla!

BigDFan5

Cowboys Make me Drink
Reaction score
Yeagermeister;1552215 said:
Yeah if you want too pay $300 a night :eek:

Hey he asked where the team stayed!!

LOL Last time they were in SA for training camp I lived there and saw them at the hotel

Yeagermeister

Reaction score
BigDFan5;1552236 said:
Hey he asked where the team stayed!!

LOL Last time they were in SA for training camp I lived there and saw them at the hotel

I know.....I was just shocked at the price. :laugh1:

Yeagermeister

Reaction score
iceberg;1552368 said:
wow. $209 a night AND UP! i've never known a marriott to be *that* nice before. internet connectivity is *extra* - another gouge.

You could always stay at the Airport Hilton :D

GimmeTheBall!

Junior College Transfer
Reaction score
Dhop;1552031 said:

Red Roof Inn
It's on I-37 near downtown
Clean, modern
At $65 per nite you cannot beat it
And a free continental breakfast
I would not say it was walking distance (in any other city that is not in a furnace, yes itwould be walking distance)
Swimming pool
Very close
Take a short cab ride or the trolley
Enjoy, you big lug

:)

peplaw06

That Guy
Reaction score
iceberg;1552368 said:
wow. $209 a night AND UP! i've never known a marriott to be *that* nice before. internet connectivity is *extra* - another gouge.
Yeah I would never be staying there if:

1) the seminar wasn't being held there;

2) I wasn't getting a break on the price... still $179 is not cheap; and

3) The firm wasn't paying for it.

Pretty cool though, our seminar is broadcast on closed circuit TV in our rooms. I don't have to leave the room if I don't want to. But listening to these speakers will probably be pretty boring, so if I want to hear any of it, I better make a few sessions.

Stautner

Reaction score
iceberg;1552368 said:

The Marriott is on the Riverwalk, and Riverwalk hotels are in big demand most of the time. They can almost charge what they want.

Not to mention it's in the heart of a major city.

Like with any hotel, however, the price listed online isn't necessarily hard and fast - call and talk to someone live and see what you can find out if you want to stay there.

By the way, there are a couple of hotels on the Riverwalk that make $209-300 seem cheap.

There are a few hotels (La Quinta and others) that are within walking distance of the Alamodome, and San Antonio has a trolly system that will take you to any of the attractions and/or hotels around downtown, the Riverwalk, MArket Square, etc......

Teague31

Defender of the Star
Reaction score
marriott has really raised their rates. I went to camp in 2002 and stayed there (as did the team). I don't remember paying anything near that price. it is convenient though. right across from the alamodome and also on the riverwalk.