San Diego Running all over the Rams

Champsheart

Reaction score
For goodness sakes.

San Diego is running all over the Rams.

Gaping holes and huge runs.

Not just Tomilson either, Turner and Sproles are having their way too.

THEHEREAFTER

Reaction score
San Diego looks very crisp in all phases of the game. They will be a load come week 1 but I think their secondary is vunerable and they may not have Gates. LT looks like he's ready to go. He said his goal was to break the all time single season rushing record and run for 2200 yds.

lspain1

Reaction score
THEHEREAFTER said:
San Diego looks very crisp in all phases of the game. They will be a load come week 1 but I think their secondary is vunerable and they may not have Gates. LT looks like he's ready to go. He said his goal was to break the all time single season rushing record and run for 2200 yds.

LT was looking very good. You have to stack the box to stop this guy. He gets a seam and he is off to the races. Last year, the Bolts offense was very balanced and this year looks to be no different. Brees was able to use Gates with devastating effect particularly in the red zone. So many weapons that stopping one left you vulnerable to the others.

Their defense was good, better against the run than the pass. This is particularly interesting because SD plays a 3-4, traditionally better against the pass than the run. Wonder if that says anything about their personnel?

SD senses blood this year with a weaker AFC West. They'll be ready opening day, Gates available or not. SD usually plays hardball on contracts so we are going to have to wait to see if they use him, but it didn't seem that they missed him today.

LeonDixson

Illegitimi non carborundum
Reaction score
The lightening bolts looked very good today. I think they will win the AFC West again this year. It's going to be a tough opening season game against them.

TheDuke

How 'Bout Dem Cowboys
Reaction score
LT, IMO is the best runningback in the game today. hopefully he won't hurt us in game 1

Hostile

The Duke
Reaction score
da_boyz_mk said:
LT, IMO is the best runningback in the game today. hopefully he won't hurt us in game 1
If there is someone better, I haven't seen him. On any given Sunday someone can be better, but over the long haul, not likely. At least not for a little while.

Game 1, we need to stop him in his tracks. Without Gates they will need to rely on the ground game. Lorenzo Neal is a battering ram in front of this kid.

Crown Royal

Insulin Beware
Reaction score
Agreed on LT. I've been watching him since college (I live a whole 20 minutes from TCU) and have never been anything but impressed with him. I got to meet him at a frog game a couple of years ago - real nice guy, too.

lspain1

Reaction score
Hollywood Henderson said:
What the Rams with "Dixie" Coakley couldn't stop them? :eek:

Actually, Coakley had a few nice plays. The Rams tried some trick plays that backfired and had some errors as well. The Rams were in it until near the end of the first half.

Kevinicus

Reaction score
SD senses blood this year with a weaker AFC West.

The only team that might have gotten weaker was Denver. KC is better, Oakland should be better as well. SD will have a much tougher year this time around. I think KC takes that division, SD will have to settle for a WC birth.

Billy Bullocks

Reaction score
LeonDixson said:
The lightening bolts looked very good today. I think they will win the AFC West again this year. It's going to be a tough opening season game against them.

true that my friend. I also think it will be good. If we can come out and beat them, then we will have alot of confidence. Itll definatley be a good game to kind of see where we are at, at least for the 1st part of the season. Bout time we win an opener anyway

jterrell

Penguinite
Reaction score
ChldsPlay said:
The only team that might have gotten weaker was Denver. KC is better, Oakland should be better as well. SD will have a much tougher year this time around. I think KC takes that division, SD will have to settle for a WC birth.
KC added a lot to their defense but it will be interesting to see how much is actually improves. They dont just need it ot be better but to be vastly superior to have any real chance of winning that division as SD is balanced and has an even better RB.