saw roy and ware yesterday

dalboy

one man wolf pack
Reaction score
I was at the 2007 heros baseball game with celeberties and sports stars at Frisco Texas and I was in the 7th row and I tell you roy and ware could play some ball (even though there team lost).

Roy hit a triple (should have beeen a homer in the park) then he hit he hit a pop up. he played center and pitcher ( they used a auto pithcher) but he made this amazing catch at center, he ran 10 yards to catch this line drive and there was a runner at third and after he caught he threw it from center all the way home to get a out at home.

Demarcus hit a double that hit the wall was 3-5 inches from being a homerun. next at bat he hit a grounder that got a run in. Ware played left he caught one pop up. It was great.

I'm not saying ware and roy need to quit football and play baseball but there better than the rangers.(but everyone is better than them):lmao2: :lmao2: :lmao2:

SDogo

Not as good as I once was but as good once as I ev
Reaction score
I'll leave the comments about Roy tracking down a ball from 10 yards away to someone else who is really itching to do it. lol

Reaction score
Well, I'll do it. We don't need Roy running down baseballs, softballs, or whatever. We need him tracking footballs in coverage, judging proper angles in center field, and understanding the right reads of TEs or backs running pass routes. But then again, maybe this is a good training aid that can help him accomplish those things. What you think?
There, I said it. Now I'm done with it.

BlueStar22

Reaction score
Va_BoysFan4 Life;1536634 said:
Well, I'll do it. We don't need Roy running down baseballs, softballs, or whatever. We need him tracking footballs in coverage, judging proper angles in center field, and understanding the right reads of TEs or backs running pass routes. But then again, maybe this is a good training aid that can help him accomplish those things. What you think?

well, as one who has played outfield in the past, tracking down a baseball in the outfield is probably tougher than tracking down a football with all the things the wind does with the tiny baseball. At least he's tracking something and getting to it.

dalboy

one man wolf pack
Reaction score
I hate to say this but it might be harder in the nfl because you have other people around you trying to get football too. just a piont.

Reaction score
BlueStar22;1536635 said:
well, as one who has played outfield in the past, tracking down a baseball in the outfield is probably tougher than tracking down a football with all the things the wind does with the tiny baseball. At least he's tracking something and getting to it.

That is exactly my point. Maybe they can use this as a way to improve his judgement of the ball, is angles on the ball, and his ground covering skills. I have played also and I agree with you point.

WoodysGirl

U.N.I.T.Y
Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Amazing how much analysis is being put into a charity baseball game. Sounds like you had a good time, dalboy. Did you get any autos?

Hoofbite

Reaction score
dalboy;1536639 said:
I hate to say this but it might be harder in the nfl because you have other people around you trying to get football too. just a piont.

I have no worries about him getting the ball or making sure its not caught if he is in position to do so. My worries revolve around him being in the wrong position at times.

Tracking anything other then biscuits from his plate to his mouth is a plus I suppose.

dalboy

one man wolf pack
Reaction score
WoodysGirl;1536648 said:
Amazing how much analysis is being put into a charity baseball game. Sounds like you had a good time, dalboy. Did you get any autos?

you wouldn't believe the people surronding ware and roy. oh I thought I should tell you alll who played.

RED - HOME
Coaches: Wade Boggs, Bennie Bray, Barry Pechenik, John Carlisle
Players: Mike Modano, Elton Brand, Evan Jones, Sam Page, Geoff Stults, Christopher Massey, Josh Henderson, Ben Grieve, Brendon Morrow, Ian Fitzimmons, John Loiars, Dale Burleson, Scott Tedder, David Kelton, Jon O'Sullivan, Mike Smith, Kevin Healy, Kevin Boscamp, Troy Haugen, Jerry Stackhouse

BLACK - VISITOR
Coaches: Rollie Fingers, Bob Sambol, Tommy Guilds, Donnie Nelson
Players: Roy Williams, George Stults, Tony Todd, Bryan Greenberg, James Lesure, Kyle Massey, Demarcus Ware, Mark Cuban, Devin Harris, Mark McLemore, Hawkeye, Joe Trahan, Brian Nadurak, Richard Barge, Lance McIlhenny, Keith Matheny, Charlie McKinney, John Trabold, Eddie Lewis, Danny Bollinger

theebs

Believe!!!!
Reaction score
Va_BoysFan4 Life;1536634 said:

its a charity event lots of local athletes play. Geez. Do you think they sit home staring at the clock until training camp starts.

CrazyCowboy

Reaction score
Wow....surprised to read Roy and Ware are playing that hard......injuries!

TEK2000

Reaction score
WoodysGirl;1536648 said:

No freaking kidding. CHARITY baseball game and people feel the need to gripe.

Biggems

White and Nerdy
Reaction score
dalboy;1536624 said:
I was at the 2007 heros baseball game with celeberties and sports stars at Frisco Texas and I was in the 7th row and I tell you roy and ware could play some ball (even though there team lost).

Roy hit a triple (should have beeen a homer in the park) then he hit he hit a pop up. he played center and pitcher ( they used a auto pithcher) but he made this amazing catch at center, he ran 10 yards to catch this line drive and there was a runner at third and after he caught he threw it from center all the way home to get a out at home.

Demarcus hit a double that hit the wall was 3-5 inches from being a homerun. next at bat he hit a grounder that got a run in. Ware played left he caught one pop up. It was great.

I'm not saying ware and roy need to quit football and play baseball but there better than the rangers.(but everyone is better than them):lmao2: :lmao2: :lmao2:

everyone except my pathetic Lastros......:banghead:

Ren

Reaction score
WoodysGirl;1536648 said:
Amazing how much analysis is being put into a charity baseball game.

Aint offseason great?

Clove

Shrinkage
Reaction score
I would've love to see a collision at home plate with Roy involved "as long as roy didn't get hurt from it" that would be a devastating home plate collision.

BouncingCheese

Stay out of my Bidness
Reaction score
Clove;1536756 said:
I would've love to see a collision at home plate with Roy involved "as long as roy didn't get hurt from it" that would be a devastating home plate collision.

Gary Sheffield would have been a good safety; that dude absolutely kills catchers. I remember he gave more than one a concussion.

leavetown

Reaction score
I was an on field photographer for the event and i am attaching a couple of images of RW and DW for your enjoyment.

WW1.jpg
DW1.jpg
DW2.jpg
RW1.jpg
RW2.jpg
RW3.jpg

WoodysGirl

U.N.I.T.Y
Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Heeeyyyyy, way to introduce yourself to the site. Awesome pics!

:welcome: LT :)