Say We're 8-4 to Start December...

jdnelson103

Reaction score
...when do you think all the media "geniuses" will start to jump back on the bandwagon? And who do you think will look like the biggest jacka.. for being so definitive at the halfway point of the season?

I think I'd have to go with Tom Jackson doing the most backpeddling to try and get back on. I would say Meshawn, but he never admits when he's wrong. Clarence Hill would have to be up there too. Anyone see his article Sunday?

CrazyCowboy

Reaction score
This year we must be tough in Dec.....something we have not been in the past.

catskillthunder

Reaction score
December is a rough month for the Boys. Lets finish November up first and then we can start talking early Christmas presents :)

peplaw06

That Guy
Reaction score
If we beat Washington soundly -- which I don't expect -- some of them will jump back on. But if we're 8-4 that will mean we beat both Washington and Pittsburgh, and there will be a riot to jump back on.

jdnelson103

Reaction score
I didn't mean to predict we were going to be 8-4, I should have written it differently. I'm just curious who everyone here hates to listen to the most.

I would love for Tom Jackson to have to eat his words. How can someone be so definitive about a team with half a season to go?

TellerMorrow34

BraveHeartFan
Reaction score
They won't get back on our bandwagon this year and that will be a beautiful thing. Even once we make the playoffs they'll be picking us to lose immediately, no matter what we do prior to getting there.

catskillthunder

Reaction score
peplaw06;2411035 said:
If we beat Washington soundly -- which I don't expect -- some of them will jump back on. But if we're 8-4 that will mean we beat both Washington and Pittsburgh, and there will be a riot to jump back on.

If Dallas wins their next 3, @Wash, vs SF, vs SEA, then they would be 8-4 heading into @ Pitt. Ill do all I can to help push the Boys through @ Pitt, but man Ive never been to a football game in December, I hope I can hack it. :laugh2:

Future

Intramural Legend
Reaction score
jdnelson103;2411045 said:
I didn't mean to predict we were going to be 8-4, I should have written it differently. I'm just curious who everyone here hates to listen to the most.

I would love for Tom Jackson to have to eat his words. How can someone be so definitive about a team with half a season to go?

Because for the most part, we have gotten progressively worse as the season has gone on. We have shown no signs of improving or even trying harder.

Everybody coming back should give us a boost but I see where he, or any other media who writes us off now, is coming from.

panchucko

It's Back
Reaction score
If we are 8-4 at start of December, all of the media will lable the Cowboys as the team nobody wants to play. They are getting hot when it matters most.

TellerMorrow34

BraveHeartFan
Reaction score
panchucko;2411066 said:
If we are 8-4 at start of December, all of the media will lable the Cowboys as the team nobody wants to play. They are getting hot when it matters most.

You're giving the media far to much credit for being unbias and attempting to be some what accurate.

It wont matter if we blink, look up, and we're 11-4 going into the final game of the season they'll still be talking about how we're the least scary team in the conference, let alone the NFL.

And as a personal note....5,000 posts!!!!!!! WOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!!!!!!!!!!

Reaction score
jdnelson103;2411001 said:
...when do you think all the media "geniuses" will start to jump back on the bandwagon? And who do you think will look like the biggest jacka.. for being so definitive at the halfway point of the season?

I think I'd have to go with Tom Jackson doing the most backpeddling to try and get back on. I would say Meshawn, but he never admits when he's wrong. Clarence Hill would have to be up there too. Anyone see his article Sunday?

Why dont we worry about beating Skins...

Some of you act like we are going to walk in and own...

aikemirv

Reaction score
jdnelson103;2411001 said:

Only if we beat the NYG and Steelers the following 2 weeks.

jdnelson103

Reaction score
McCordsville Cowboy;2411095 said:
Why dont we worry about beating Skins...

Some of you act like we are going to walk in and own...

I never said anything about walking in and owning anyone. All I said was IF we were to get to 8-4, who do you think would have made the biggest a.. out of themselves by proclaiming so early in the season that the Cowboys suck and they stand no chance of making the playoffs.

I do however think we roll Sunday night, 38-17. But I'm not saying that I gaurantee it or that we can afford to look past them.

Chocolate Lab

Run-loving Dino
Reaction score
It depends who you're talking about. Nationally, some will be back on the bandwagon and they'll be happy the most popular team in the league is a factor again.

Locally, the same few who complained all last year despite our winning almost every game we played won't change. They'll be saying, "You only beat the Niners and Seahawks", "So what, they're about to fail in December again", "This proves they should have been playing like this all along", etc.

windward

NFL Historian
Reaction score
Chocolate Lab;2411149 said:
It depends who you're talking about. Nationally, some will be back on the bandwagon and they'll be happy the most popular team in the league is a factor again.

Locally, the same few who complained all last year despite our winning almost every game we played won't change. They'll be saying, "You only beat the Niners and Seahawks", "So what, they're about to fail in December again", "This proves they should have been playing like this all along", etc.
If we are 8-4, then split the last four to get in the playoffs at 10-6, I'll be eagerly anticipating the December "collapse" threads that are sure to pop up.

aikemirv

Reaction score
windward;2411155 said:
If we are 8-4, then split the last four to get in the playoffs at 10-6, I'll be eagerly anticipating the December "collapse" threads that are sure to pop up.

Well, 8-4 really only means that we split with the Skins and we beat 2 other crappy teams. It is a start, and IMO we can have no less but my barometer on the last 4 will be related to whether we make the playoffs because at this point it is possible that 10-6 won't quite do it.