SB VI XII XXVII XXVIII XXX...are they just jealous?

cowboys#1

Finish!
Reaction score
why is it whenever i bring up my teams history during a heated football discussion, people always tell me to stop living in the past? especially texans fans who say dallas sucks...i bring up the super bowls and their best comeback is what have you done lately?
i know everybody has at least one time been in a argument with another fan about which teams is better. did you just put your hand up and tell them to count? i love doing that....they get really mad too which is the best part!
:lombardi: i love my teams history!

Doomsday101

Reaction score
cowboys#1;1071618 said:
why is it whenever i bring up my teams history during a heated football discussion, people always tell me to stop living in the past? especially texans fans who say dallas sucks...i bring up the super bowls and their best comeback is what have you done lately?
i know everybody has at least one time been in a argument with another fan about which teams is better. did you just put your hand up and tell them to count? i love doing that....they get really mad too which is the best part!

Because they can't talk about their own history be it the Oilers or Texans. Houston is our ugly step sister and their only pleasure is the hope of beating Dallas. :laugh2:

EMMITTnROY

Reaction score
A Cowboys fan arguing with a Texans fan and the Texans fan saying that the Cowboys suck is like an Al Pacino fan arguing with a Ashton Kutcher fan and the Ashton Kutcher fan saying that Al Pacino sucks..

superpunk

Reaction score
It's pretty stock football-buddy-argument-speak.

Your Texans friend undoubtedly says "We've got scoreboard, bragging rights, and a newer stadium. w00t!"

You say "Yeah, well we've got 5 super bowls. Suck on that Houston."

texans fan says "Stop living in the past"

This is where it gets tricky. Obviously, "the past", includes the Texans win over us. So, your friend should hold himself to the same standard. This rule is sketchy, though, as "not living in the past" seems to only apply to successful teams.

Maybe Houston fans should obtain a "past" before talking smack. In the future, they may want to avoid choking on the Bills' *ahem* before the super bowl.

Just a suggestion.

Draegerman

Internet Somebody
Reaction score
cowboys#1;1071618 said:

There's no doubt that all of the Cowboys Superbowl victories have been a huge thorn in other fans' backsides for quite some time now but I'm here to tell you that it's not the biggest reason why we're loathed by so many. That credit goes to the label of being referred to as "America's Team".

The irony, of course, is that the label wasn't something fabricated by someone within the Cowboys organization. One of the producers of NFL Films is taking credit for that moniker (and he got that off of one of their cameramen who pointed out the vast number of Cowboy fans in opposing stadiums back in the late 70s). The label was then passed on to the legendary John Facenda who used it in his narration of Cowboy games.

Fans of other NFL teams would cringe everytime they heard this, fueling more hatred (and jealousy) towards our beloved team.

YosemiteSam

Unfriendly and Aloof!
Reaction score
cowboys#1;1071618 said:
especially texans fans who say dallas sucks...i bring up the super bowls and their best comeback is what have you done lately?

What have they ever done? What was that old saying. If you ain't got a RING you ain't got a THING!

peplaw06

That Guy
Reaction score
Well I'll tell ya, we're better than the Texans NOW, and our FUTURE looks better than theirs does. Texans fans have no edge on us.

superpunk

Reaction score
peplaw06;1071640 said:
Well I'll tell ya, we're better than the Texans NOW, and our FUTURE looks better than theirs does. Texans fans have no edge on us.

David Carr is dreamy.

So there is that.

peplaw06

That Guy
Reaction score
superpunk;1071641 said:
David Carr is dreamy.

So there is that.

*sigh*

David_Carr1.jpg

"Dear diary, at last I met him, my dream man, it was at the delicatessen and our fingers tingled as we reached over for the same potato salad."

You're right, they got us there.

LittleBoyBlue

Redvolution
Reaction score
cowboys#1;1071618 said:

Just give them a "High Five:lombardi:" and smile :D

jman

Reaction score
cowboys#1;1071618 said:

Well, wait till we beat them on the 15th...Then bring up the 8 Super Bowl appearances and 5 Super Bowl Championships...

Then when ever they say, "stop living in the past, what have you done lately", ask them "What have the Texans ever done?".

If they say..."We beat Dallas in their first ever game" say..."Stop living in the past!"