WoodysGirl

U.N.I.T.Y
Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
By Adam Schein
NFL Media columnist

Save it, haters. Get a clue.

If you're stressing the negative on Tony Romo, I'm not sure which game you watched Sunday. It certainly wasn't the epic game of this NFL season. It certainly wasn't the game in which Romo's greatness was the only reason that the Dallas Cowboys even had a chance to trip up the unblemished Denver Broncos.

The score was tied at 48, and Dallas had the ball at its own 14-yard line just before the two-minute warning. Romo dropped back to pass on second-and-16, and his throw was off the mark, picked off by Danny Trevathan. It was a brilliant defensive play.

Cue the refrain. Twitter nearly exploded. "Classic Romo in a big spot," the haters cried. And yes, sadly, Romo did nothing to mitigate the "yeah, but" attached to his career. Tony Romo is a franchise quarterback, "yeah, but" he seemingly plays his worst when it matters the most.

But let's not confuse things. Let's not get it twisted.

If Romo truly were ordinary, Dallas would have lost by 20 points.

Read the rest: http://www.nfl.com/news/story/0ap20...s-all-he-can-for-cowboys-love-it-dont-hate-it

CanadianCowboysFan

Lightning Rod
Reaction score
Even if Tony drives Dallas down the field for a FG or TD and wins the game the haters would just say, "Well, it was only a regular season game at home. Wake me up when he does it late in the season or in the playoffs".

yep, it was only a big game because we lost

JoeyBoy718

Reaction score
Just thought this was interesting. The front page of NFL.com is an article titled "Quit player hating" which defends Romo. He's getting a lot of love. I expect it from some people like Colin Cowswerth, but I was surprised to see him get love on the front page of NFL.com.

djmajestik

Reaction score
It was a great read too! But nothing will stop the Romo haters out there, it's gotten to epic proportions! RIDICULOUSLY epic proportions! But hate on..........

StarBoyz83

Reaction score
Good its about time. I was expecting the usual romo bashing today from all the media.

LucaBrasi

Sleeps with the fishes
Reaction score
This might be the first and last time I agree with Adam Schein.

I'll admit that for the first time since I can remember i didn't watch a Cowboys game when they played the Rams. My daughter had a softball game and frankly the Jones family has finally sucked the interest level out of me.

Yesterday, I watched the Pirates( live in pittsburgh) playoff game instead of the Cowboys. That never would have happened previously, playoff game or not. I did dvr the Cowboy game and watched it last night around 10pm. # 9 was brilliant, just brilliant. He had to be perfect for them to win and he damn near was.