CFZ Season Records Predictions

Blitzen

Reaction score
The season starts in about one week, and thought we could do this thread now that most teams are finalizing their rosters. I will give you my predictions based on what my mind is telling me not what my heart desires-and ask you to do the same. Lots of changes for many of the better teams in the NFC, and another year of development and attrition make this year more nebulous for me than most years. I feel like the NFC East seems better talent wise across the four teams than it has been in the previous 7-8 years. I just feel more strongly that the division may be more even than it has been. I feel there will be more good teams within the NFC this season than were there last season.

Here’s my regular season predictions:

Cowboys vs Giants: LOSS
Jets vs Cowboys: LOSS
Cowboys vs Cardinals: WIN
Patriots vs Cowboys: WIN
Cowboys vs 49ers: LOSS
Cowboys vs Chargers: LOSS
Rams vs Cowboys: WIN
Cowboys vs Eagles: LOSS
Giants vs Cowboys: WIN
Cowboys vs Panthers: WIN
Commanders vs Cowboys: WIN
Seahawks vs Cowboys: WIN
Eagles vs Cowboys: WIN
Cowboys vs Bills: LOSS
Cowboys vs Dolphins: WIN
Lions vs Cowboys: WIN
Cowboys vs Commanders: LOSS

10-7

I feel very uncertain this season with how good/bad the other squads the Cowboys are facing. It’s a more interesting season because of it. Could see major swings in wins and losses because of the uncertainty of the other clubs. If the offense can produce consistently and the team continues to win the turnover margin more times than not, the season will yield plenty of wins. Cheers and enjoy the season.

MountaineerCowboy

Reaction score
9-8

It ends with us losing in either the wild card or divisional round. It all depends on the match up in the wild card game on if we advance or not.

If the Cowboys were not in the NFC they don’t even make the playoffs.

Ragin_Kage

Reaction score
Cowboys vs Giants: WIN
Jets vs Cowboys: WIN
Cowboys vs Chargers: WIN
Cowboys vs Dolphins: LOSS
Lions vs Cowboys: LOSS
Cowboys vs Commanders: WIN

12-5

OGSixshooter

Reaction score
Cowboys vs Giants: WIN
Jets vs Cowboys: WIN
Cowboys vs Chargers: WIN
Cowboys vs Dolphins: LOSS
Lions vs Cowboys: LOSS
Cowboys vs Commanders: WIN

12-5
You're basically saying Mike McCarthy will hit the Garrett hat trick of 3 back-to-back 8-8 seasons (with no playoffs), with 3 back-to-back 12 win seasons (with 3 straight divisional round losses).

Sounds about right.

VaqueroTD

Reaction score
The season starts in about one week, and thought we could do this thread now that most teams are finalizing their rosters. I will give you my predictions based on what my mind is telling me not what my heart desires-and ask you to do the same. Lots of changes for many of the better teams in the NFC, and another year of development and attrition make this year more nebulous for me than most years. I feel like the NFC East seems better talent wise across the four teams than it has been in the previous 7-8 years. I just feel more strongly that the division may be more even than it has been. I feel there will be more good teams within the NFC this season than were there last season.

Here’s my regular season predictions:

Cowboys vs Giants: LOSS
Jets vs Cowboys: LOSS
Cowboys vs Chargers: LOSS
Cowboys vs Dolphins: WIN
Lions vs Cowboys: WIN
Cowboys vs Commanders: LOSS

10-7

I feel very uncertain this season with how good/bad the other squads the Cowboys are facing. It’s a more interesting season because of it. Could see major swings in wins and losses because of the uncertainty of the other clubs. If the offense can produce consistently and the team continues to win the turnover margin more times than not, the season will yield plenty of wins. Cheers and enjoy the season.
12 Wins entirely possible again.

Big worry games:
  • Eagles, our toughest competition in NFC East
  • 49ers, they have Dak's number (this would be a great game for the Boys confidence to win, similar to how 49ers beat our 90's Boys in 95 regular season and shifted that momentum)
  • Jets, Rogers has Cowboy's number
  • Chargers, Kellen's revenge, muwahaha
  • Bills/Dolphins, both or one will be a contender, possible Super Bowl Preview
Other:
  • If the Lions end up as good as everyone is proclaiming them, will be a tough repeat matchup.
  • Seattle has a lot of youth and could be much better.
  • Trap games - Pats, Rams.. meh rosters but great coaches... Giants/Washington, NFC East always tough

erod

Reaction score
3rd straight year of 12-5.

3rd straight year to face the 49ers in the wild card or divisional round.

Can they get over that hump this time?

erod

Reaction score
9-8

It ends with us losing in either the wild card or divisional round. It all depends on the match up in the wild card game on if we advance or not.

The Eagles are in for a step downward. You're not going to win every 3-point game this year.

Dallasfann

Reaction score
9-8

8-9 for me but I wouldn't be surprised at 9 wins.

I don't see double digit wins.

Above is your post on the prediction thread from last year

:laugh:
https://cowboyszone.com/threads/predict-the-season-record-for-the-2022-cowboys-closed.499126/page-2

InPhiltraitor

Reaction score
11-6 with one playoff win.

Then the arguing begins over who's fault it was. Of course it will be the usual suspects - Jerry, Mike, and Dak.