Seattle opened with a loss to Jax last year

ljs44

Reaction score
The sky is not falling. The team obviously did not play well. The heat probably had something to do with it (Florida teams are like 23-10) in home games in September over the last 5-6 years), Flo is not 100% back yet, and Bledsoe played a bad game.

Let's take a step back, take a deep breath, and relax. This team will still be in the hunt in December, they have too much talent not to be.

It's on to week 2 and some REVENGE

Portland Fanatic

Reaction score
ljs44 said:
The sky is not falling. The team obviously did not play well. The heat probably had something to do with it (Florida teams are like 23-10) in home games in September over the last 5-6 years), Flo is not 100% back yet, and Bledsoe played a bad game.

Let's take a step back, take a deep breath, and relax. This team will still be in the hunt in December, they have too much talent not to be.

It's on to week 2 and some REVENGE

We don't have Matt Hasselbeck!

Portland Fanatic

Reaction score
Richmond Cowboy said:
He threw two interceptions in that 26-14 loss at Jax last year.

Hasselbeck can move right and left a foot or two to get his throws off...now that Jax has set the stage for a full on blitz package everyplay, we will have a much tougher time getting an offense on track then Seattle would.

Richmond Cowboy

Reaction score
Portland Fanatic said:
Hasselbeck can move right and left a foot or two to get his throws off...now that Jax has set the stage for a full on blitz package everyplay, we will have a much tougher time getting an offense on track then Seattle would.

Bledsoe's immobility had nothing to do with his poor play yesterday. He had adequate protection most of the game. He made poor throws and may have played through a tight back.

WV Cowboy

Waitin' on the 6th
Reaction score
After suffering through many, many bad thoughts since the game ended yesterday, ( and some before it ended :D ) I just had a good thought.

This game may be a motivator for our Cowboys when they play Jacksonville in the Super Bowl.
:star:

lspain1

Reaction score
Richmond Cowboy said:
Bledsoe's immobility had nothing to do with his poor play yesterday. He had adequate protection most of the game. He made poor throws and may have played through a tight back.

I was at the game and I totally agree with this. Bledsoe exhibited poor decision making and a WEAK ARM on a number of throws. I don't know about the back but he looked off the whole game.

Portland Fanatic

Reaction score
Richmond Cowboy said:

I'm talking about the few plays that Jax pushed Rivera right into Bledsoe and he never moved at all...he could've taken a few steps one way or anther to buy some more time, but he doesn't...he wears lead shoes.

For 90% of the game you are correct that he had protection, I'm taking it step further and saying on a couple plays the pocket gave way he could have bought more time, but he just doesn't do it. I don't understand why...and that's where Hasselbeck does do that. Bledsoe will not change.

Phoenix-Talon

Eagles Fan Liaison
Reaction score
ljs44 said:
The sky is not falling.

If you're saying that the Jaguars win will have no significant impact on your standings I agree with you ...today, but later on in the season you could feel it's impact.

That Seattle opener in 2005 is meaningless. Take a look at what the Jaguars did in their 2005 debut ...http://www.jaguars.com/Gameday/2005Schedule.asp

Still, it means nothing in 2006. Each game will have it's own unique battles and struggles for victory. That said, 2005 is gone! This is now, and all NFC-East teams must take advantage of any winning situation as it applies to 2006; not 2005!

Smashmouth24

Reaction score
Hey maybe Bledsoe will throw a last-second interception to setup a winning Cowboy field goal?