Seattle's Center Chris Spencer Out Against Cowboys..

Reaction score
Tuesday practice: Vallos to start at center
Posted by Eric Williams @ 04:27:22 pm

vallos.jpg

It was a loose, upbeat practice for the Seahawks this afternoon as they quickly worked through individual and team drills in preparation for Dallas on Thursday.

Center Steve Vallos worked extensively with the first team, and it appears he will get his first career start with Chris Spencer still nursing a bad back. Spencer did not practice today.

[More:]

Vallos, who played a lot during the preseason with Spencer missing most of training camp, said that time on the field helped him get comfortable with playing center in the NFL. Vallos, shown above in this Getty Images photo, has only seen spot time late in the game against St. Louis this season, and was also the extra tight end in goal line situations at Miami.

Vallos was drafted as a guard out of Wake Forest in the seventh round in 2007. But the Seahawks moved him to center during training camp when Chris Gray retired because of a back injury

“It helped a ton,” Vallos said about playing in the preseason. “Just having experience being out there is different. It’s different working with Matt (Hasselbeck) than working with the scout team. It’s a whole different world, just making the calls and seeing the defense. But I think just playing in the preseason is really going to help me out.”

With Spencer, Mike Wahle and Rob Sims out, Seattle is getting thin on the offensive line. At one point Kyle Williams worked at left tackle, Mansfield Wrotto worked at left guard, Vallos at center, Ray Willis at right guard and Sean Locklear at right tackle with the first unit.

Running back Julius Jones also talked about returning to Dallas and playing against his former team. Jones is pretty fired up about playing against the

Cowboys, particularly with his the unceremonious ending to his career there.
In his last game as a Cowboy, the Dallas head coach Wade Phillips told him that he wasn’t going to start for the first time that season, but that he would play and Marion Barber would start instead. Jones played sparingly, finishing with three carries for eight yards in the 21-17 loss to the Giants.

“It was a tough situation,” Jones said. “It was the most important game that the Cowboys had had in a long time, and I wanted to be a part of it. And I wasn’t. But like I said, I’ve moved on. They’ve moved on. We’re both in the places where we want to be. I’m here where I want to be. And they’ve got the guy that they wanted to have. So everybody’s happy.”

Listen to the conversation with Jones here.

Red Bryant (ankle), Koren Robinson (knee), Spencer (back), Mike Wahle (shoulder) and C.J. Wallace (hamstring) did not practice today.

TellerMorrow34

BraveHeartFan
Reaction score
Hopefully this means our D-Line takes care of business on Thursday and wrecks havoc all along the line and just blows up play after play.

newlander

Reaction score
EXACTLY dbair: jail break up front for JRAT: can't wait.......

zeromaster

Reaction score
It'd be SO nice to see the opponent's OL having problems instead of us for a change...

cowboyz

Reaction score
this might be the game that propels jay ratliff into the national spotlight

EPL0c0

The Funcooker
Reaction score
Pick6TerenceNewman;2443480 said:
Tuesday practice: Vallos to start at center
Posted by Eric Williams @ 04:27:22 pm

vallos.jpg

It was a loose, upbeat practice for the Seahawks this afternoon as they quickly worked through individual and team drills in preparation for Dallas on Thursday.

Center Steve Vallos worked extensively with the first team, and it appears he will get his first career start with Chris Spencer still nursing a bad back. Spencer did not practice today.

[More:]

Vallos, who played a lot during the preseason with Spencer missing most of training camp, said that time on the field helped him get comfortable with playing center in the NFL. Vallos, shown above in this Getty Images photo, has only seen spot time late in the game against St. Louis this season, and was also the extra tight end in goal line situations at Miami.

Vallos was drafted as a guard out of Wake Forest in the seventh round in 2007. But the Seahawks moved him to center during training camp when Chris Gray retired because of a back injury

“It helped a ton,” Vallos said about playing in the preseason. “Just having experience being out there is different. It’s different working with Matt (Hasselbeck) than working with the scout team. It’s a whole different world, just making the calls and seeing the defense. But I think just playing in the preseason is really going to help me out.”

With Spencer, Mike Wahle and Rob Sims out, Seattle is getting thin on the offensive line. At one point Kyle Williams worked at left tackle, Mansfield Wrotto worked at left guard, Vallos at center, Ray Willis at right guard and Sean Locklear at right tackle with the first unit.

Running back Julius Jones also talked about returning to Dallas and playing against his former team. Jones is pretty fired up about playing against the

Cowboys, particularly with his the unceremonious ending to his career there.
In his last game as a Cowboy, the Dallas head coach Wade Phillips told him that he wasn’t going to start for the first time that season, but that he would play and Marion Barber would start instead. Jones played sparingly, finishing with three carries for eight yards in the 21-17 loss to the Giants.

“It was a tough situation,” Jones said. “It was the most important game that the Cowboys had had in a long time, and I wanted to be a part of it. And I wasn’t. But like I said, I’ve moved on. They’ve moved on. We’re both in the places where we want to be. I’m here where I want to be. And they’ve got the guy that they wanted to have. So everybody’s happy.”

Listen to the conversation with Jones here.

Red Bryant (ankle), Koren Robinson (knee), Spencer (back), Mike Wahle (shoulder) and C.J. Wallace (hamstring) did not practice today.
I usually get onto the forum and do a quick scan of topics and my eyes only managed to catch "Spencer" "Out" and let out a few choice words....then I re-read the topic...*Whew*

Here's to knee-jerk reactions!!

Scotman

Reaction score
EPL0c0;2444805 said:
I usually get onto the forum and do a quick scan of topics and my eyes only managed to catch "Spencer" "Out" and let out a few choice words....then I re-read the topic...*Whew*

Here's to knee-jerk reactions!!

HA...Me too!

Don Corleone

Reaction score
This is a game where our d-line must dominate. No excuse for not having a multiple sack performance tomorrow, and for knocking Hasselbeck around (without roughing the passer penalties of course).

I am a bit worried about Julius Jones returning to play against us. History doesn't bode well for us regarding fired up players of the opposing team on Thanksgiving Day. Just sayin...