Sellout Streak--Texas Stadium

Murph80

Reaction score
Is the Cowboys sellout streak still going? And if so what is it up too.

TheKey

Faster than Felix
Reaction score
It is, dont know what its up to. Were never full though. If worse comes to worse Jerry will buy the rest of them.

EastDallasCowboy

Reaction score
Selling out wouldn't be a problem at all if the seat's were designed for a 5' 2" 150lb woman, weird stuff didn't leak and fall from the ceiling, and the tickets weren't $50 for the nosebleeds.

I go to a game a year, and every year I wonder why I didn't just go to the bar and watch it there.

scottsp

Reaction score
I'm not sure if it's the same as the actual sellout streak, but I do believe the last time Dallas did not beat the blackout deadline, was the 1990 Thanksgiving Day game vs. Washington.

And by my count, including playoff games/excluding preseason games, that is 130 straight. Feel free to check or correct that, but I believe that is right.

I was at that Commander game and I do believe it eventually sold out, but not before the 72-hour deadline.

cwbyfan72

Reaction score
EastDallasCowboy said:
Selling out wouldn't be a problem at all if the seat's were designed for a 5' 2" 150lb woman, weird stuff didn't leak and fall from the ceiling, and the tickets weren't $50 for the nosebleeds.

I go to a game a year, and every year I wonder why I didn't just go to the bar and watch it there.

disagree there East. I go every year and cant wait to get into the stadium. Yeah the seats suck and the ceiling is falling apart, but just think of how much history was created there. You think poeple in Green bay ***** about lambeau being too small? Peace

theebs

Believe!!!!
Reaction score
Nothing like being there live.

I moved from ny to Dallas so I could be a season ticket holder and enjoy the stadium. I have no complaints. The cowboys live is 100x better than watching on tv.

I hate watching the games on tv when they are on the road now.

The nfl is the best live, imo and it isnt even close.

How comfortable the seat are, how clean the bathrooms are has never even crossed my mind. All I care about is the football on the field, maybe thats just me I am only there for one thing. I can sit on my couch when I get home.

cwbyfan72

Reaction score
theebs said:
Nothing like being there live.

I moved from ny to Dallas so I could be a season ticket holder and enjoy the stadium. I have no complaints. The cowboys live is 100x better than watching on tv.

I hate watching the games on tv when they are on the road now.

The nfl is the best live, imo and it isnt even close.

How comfortable the seat are, how clean the bathrooms are has never even crossed my mind. All I care about is the football on the field, maybe thats just me I am only there for one thing. I can sit on my couch when I get home.

agree 100%

CanadianCowboysFan

Lightning Rod
Reaction score
From someone who lives 2000 miles away, all I can say is I wish I had the ability to choose to go to games on a regular basis and pay a measley $50.00 to sit in the nosebleeds.

I wanted to go to a game this year but the bloodly flight from Vancouver with stopovers is longer than a flight to London.

I have only seen them three times live, all on the road. I will get to Texas Stadium before it closes in 2008, so those of you who can get there ten times per year quit complaining.

scottsp

Reaction score
Dallas isn't even close to having the longest streak. Washington is around 289. Denver, Pittsburgh, and the Green Bay are all over the 230 mark.

SA_Gunslinger

Official CZ Ea-girls hater
Reaction score
i have news for you dude....50 bucks for nosebleed in the nfl is CHEAP!

wait till the new stadium, when the average price is expected to go up 20 dollars!

one thing that absolutely stuns me is that i could buy season tickets today.

the giants, for one, have like a 15 year wait list.

weird.

anyways, count me in the group that says being there is 10000000 times better... no matter where you are sitting!

superpunk

Reaction score
phillycowboyslover said:
i have news for you dude....50 bucks for nosebleed in the nfl is CHEAP!

Seriously. I'm trying to get tix for Boys Skins in Oct, and I'm looking at about 200 - apiece. In the upper deck.

Save your cries of 50 dollars upper deck for someone else, lol. There are no single game tickets available up here. It's season, or buy leftovers from a season ticket holder.

If tickets for a game are that cheap, I need to move to Dallas to live.

Wimbo

Reaction score
It is an inflated number. I remember back in the early-Jones era that some corporation... maybe Tom Thumb Grocery?... would buy out all the remaining home tickets if they didn't sell out before the deadline for local TV.