Senior Bowl, 6pm CST, NFLN

silverbear

Semi-Official Loose Cannon
Reaction score
irvin4evs;2600441 said:
The thing about King is, it's not like he's slippery, he'll **** you up, even if you've got fifty pounds on him.

Man, you're really giving the cuss filter a workout tonight, hoss...

silverbear

Reaction score
Alexander;2600519 said:
There is no need to be vulgar.

Don't be silly, there's ALWAYS a need to be vulgar...

Just ask any Scotsman... or anybody from Brooklyn...

silverbear

Reaction score
SLATEmosphere;2600544 said:
Can someone ban this guy..that is a rediculous comment.He obviously does not watch football, let alone the Cowboys.

Well, we could, but if we did, the next step might be to ban anybody who misspells "ridiculous"...

:rolleyes: :cool: ;) :p: :D

Now THAT'S how you use multiple smilies... LOL...

Biggems

White and Nerdy
Reaction score
cowboysfan31;2600237 said:
Eric Wood beat Raji on that TD. Both would look good with a star, I bet we could get Wood in the 4th.

yeah fat chance. Wood was a 3rd rounder at worst before this week. Now, after this week and a very impressive performance tonight....he is a 2nd rounder no doubt.

He can play all 3 interior positions and play them well. His football IQ, mean streak, talent level, and versatility will have him going in the 2nd. It is unfortunate too, cause he is my favorite OL in the draft, but I dont see us taking an OL in the 2nd.

silverbear

Reaction score
ms9221;2600577 said:
Romo is not in the top ten QBS he throws to many ints.

I'm sorry, but that's just IDIOTIC...

Tony ranks 8th in the NFL in the stat they use to rank QBs, quarterback rating... that alone makes him one of the ten best QBs in the league... he's also tied for 6th in yards per attempt, tied for 5th in number of completions of 40 yards or longer, tied for 5th in number of completions of 20 yards or longer...

This tells us that he's a quarterback who looks downfield a lot, rather than dumping the ball off most of the time, and quarterbacks like that throw some picks...

3.5 per cent of Romo's passes have been picked off over his career, while Troy Aikman had a 3.0 per cent interception rate... but Troy only had a 3.5 per cent touchdown rate, while Romo's is 6.2 per cent...

So, on average for every 1000 passes each QB throws or threw, Romo would have 35 ints, Troy would have 30... but Romo would also have 62 TD passes in those 1000, while Troy would have 35...

I guess Troy wasn't a top 10 quarterback either, eh?? He's "just" a Hall of Famer...

And of course, using your specious logic, Brett Favre was NEVER a top ten QB, even though he won an MVP award or two...

I'll say it again, if my quarterback gives me 40 TD passes in a season, he can throw 25 ints, and I won't squawk... playmakers take chances, sometimes they're unnecessary, even stupid... but if they stop taking those chances, they stop being playmakers...

IOW, rather than focusing on the number of interceptions, you ought to focus on the ratio of TDs to ints... Jason Campbell only has a 2 per cent interception rate, and IIRC correctly he was the least intercepted starting QB in the league this year... which using your ridiculous standards, would make him the BEST QB in the league...

But he only has a 3.1 touchdown percentage, which is no production at all... so if both Romo and Campbell were to throw 1000 passes, based on their current career stats, Romo would have a 62-35 TDs to ints ratio, while Jason would have a 31-20 TDs to ints ratio...

I think most people would take the QB with the higher interception rate, given he also throws TD passes twice as often... it seems your idea of a great QB is one who throws no ints, even if that QB isn't throwing any TD passes, either...

On the plus side, with that attitude you could probably get a job working as a scout for Bill Parcells... LOL...

Biggems

White and Nerdy
Reaction score
silverbear;2600658 said:
I'm sorry, but that's just IDIOTIC...

Tony ranks 8th in the NFL in the stat they use to rank QBs, quarterback rating... that alone makes him one of the ten best QBs in the league... he's also tied for 6th in yards per attempt, tied for 5th in number of completions of 40 yards or longer, tied for 5th in number of completions of 20 yards or longer...

This tells us that he's a quarterback who looks downfield a lot, rather than dumping the ball off most of the time, and quarterbacks like that throw some picks...

3.5 per cent of Romo's passes have been picked off over his career, while Troy Aikman had a 3.0 per cent interception rate... but Troy only had a 3.5 per cent touchdown rate, while Romo's is 6.2 per cent...

So, on average for every 1000 passes each QB throws or threw, Romo would have 35 ints, Troy would have 30... but Romo would also have 62 TD passes in those 1000, while Troy would have 35...

I guess Troy wasn't a top 10 quarterback either, eh?? He's "just" a Hall of Famer...

And of course, using your specious logic, Brett Favre was NEVER a top ten QB, even though he won an MVP award or two...

I'll say it again, if my quarterback gives me 40 TD passes in a season, he can throw 25 ints, and I won't squawk... playmakers take chances, sometimes they're unnecessary, even stupid... but if they stop taking those chances, they stop being playmakers...

IOW, rather than focusing on the number of interceptions, you ought to focus on the ratio of TDs to ints... Jason Campbell only has a 2 per cent interception rate, and IIRC correctly he was the least intercepted starting QB in the league this year... which using your ridiculous standards, would make him the BEST QB in the league...

But he only has a 3.1 touchdown percentage, which is no production at all... so if both Romo and Campbell were to throw 1000 passes, based on their current career stats, Romo would have a 62-35 TDs to ints ratio, while Jason would have a 31-20 TDs to ints ratio...

I think most people would take the QB with the higher interception rate, given he also throws TD passes twice as often... it seems your idea of a great QB is one who throws no ints, even if that QB isn't throwing any TD passes, either...

On the plus side, with that attitude you could probably get a job working as a scout for Bill Parcells... LOL...

Bear....you need to quit picking on Trent Dilfer's biggest fan.....he has a right to voice his opinion...even if his opinion is as flawed as the 2008 Dallas Cowboys

silverbear

Reaction score
Biggems;2600664 said:
Bear....you need to quit picking on Trent Dilfer's biggest fan.....he has a right to voice his opinion...even if his opinion is as flawed as the 2008 Dallas Cowboys

Aw, my bad... :D

silverbear

Reaction score
Biggems;2600694 said:
how did Quan do? i fell asleep during the game.

I couldn't tell you, I didn't see any of it... had to work tonight, and I stayed up kinda late arguing in the Politics Zone, so I needed to catch a few Z's while the game was on...

jterrell

Penguinite
Reaction score
various notes after watching it on tivo....

Graham Harrell looked really bad:( Poor kid just couldn't throw any type of out route. For a guy who tossed plenty of passes 40 yards plus in college he didn't look like he could throw 10 yards.

Bomar is a great prospect. But a completely raw one. He3 is a good athlete with a good arm but consistency is a ways away. Nice 5th or 6th round get as a 3rd QB who could develop a la Romo over about 4 years on the bench. Reminds me a lot of Romo athletically.

Pat White is a hard guy to judge. I don't think he is a QB at the next level. He has the arm but not the accuracy. His throwing motion is really slow so his throws end up late. He is also too skinny to play many other positions. Scouts will really have to crystal ball him.

Patrick Turner looked really good. A guy that size who can run decent routes is going to make a solid #2 WR. Don't know that he ever lives up to his high school status but it is hard to cover a guy that long with good hands.

Patrick Chung looks like a solid FS but not sure he is a starter next year. He looked a bit tentative playing so far off the ball. He got better as the game went on and started filling much more quickly.

Rashad Johnson looked much better as a FS. Much more natural and fluid in open spaces.

William Moore looked pretty bad in his limited action. He missed a couple of tackles and then was out injured. He just had a really bad season altogether after being a stud a junior. hard to grade him.

King is another guy that is hard to grade imho. When he makes plays they really show up and he does make plays. But he is also quite blockable at times. Neither big nor fast. Reminds me of Chris Hovan a bit. 4-3 quick DT. Would be nice to see him as a 3-4 DE some and see how that goes.

Delmas is intriguing. Looks quite quick and still physical.

Beckwith is a guy I really like. He shows good quickness and the ability to play passing lanes. I think can be a 3 down player.

Ravi and Brace are interesting. I think Ravi may be a bit overrated and Brace a bit underrated. Seems like Ravi is the more explosive guy but Brace may well have a better overall motor. Brace made more plays chasing the ball and Ravi got blocked a bit more than I'd expected after hearing he had destroyed blocking all week.

Cowboys related value board:

QB: Bomar in 5th or 6th makes sense.

FS: Rashad Johnson is worth trading up for in the 2nd. If he falls to 40 we have the ammo to go get him and I think he'd be a long term starter there. Him getting to 40 though is a stretch.

Delmas should be in that 45-50 range. He doesn't have a lot of big-time experience but he looks the part. If his body can stand up to pounding NFL caliber physiques he is a keeper.

Pat Chung should go no higher than 51. He doesn't look real comfortable at FS yet but he has all the tools and could be a real find. A chance he doesn't start as a rookie for you though.

LB: Beckwith is a guy I'd love if he falls to round 3. Solid physical specimen with good tools for that ILB position next to Bradie. Quick and plays the pass well, a bit like Burnett with a much more solid frame.

I am not in love with any of the USC guys. Probably came into the game with too high an opinion of them. All 3 look like speed guys and they might struggle when engaged with blocks. Cushing plays too upright and stiff. Rey is fierce and quick but he was blocked a lot more than I expected and tackled a lot less soundly. RBs shouldn't be able to shrug off MLB tackles.

OL: It is always hard to evaluate OL in this game and it seemed there was a fair amount of doubling on guys like Ravi. Still, both running games had huge gaps at times and some of these guys had to play well. When you have a ton of second day picks there are not many better ways to use them then on OL. If you hit on one of them it pays off big time.

dbair1967

Arch Defender
Reaction score
Biggems;2600694 said:
how did Quan do? i fell asleep during the game.

he didnt do much, but I only remember one or two passes going his way

the QB play was so pathetic for both teams though that it would be hard to get a real read on WR's and TE's anyway

dbair1967

Arch Defender
Reaction score
jterrell;2601076 said:
various notes after watching it on tivo....

Graham Harrell looked really bad:( Poor kid just couldn't throw any type of out route. For a guy who tossed plenty of passes 40 yards plus in college he didn't look like he could throw 10 yards.

Bomar is a great prospect. But a completely raw one. He3 is a good athlete with a good arm but consistency is a ways away. Nice 5th or 6th round get as a 3rd QB who could develop a la Romo over about 4 years on the bench. Reminds me a lot of Romo athletically.

Pat White is a hard guy to judge. I don't think he is a QB at the next level. He has the arm but not the accuracy. His throwing motion is really slow so his throws end up late. He is also too skinny to play many other positions. Scouts will really have to crystal ball him.

Patrick Turner looked really good. A guy that size who can run decent routes is going to make a solid #2 WR. Don't know that he ever lives up to his high school status but it is hard to cover a guy that long with good hands.

Patrick Chung looks like a solid FS but not sure he is a starter next year. He looked a bit tentative playing so far off the ball. He got better as the game went on and started filling much more quickly.

Rashad Johnson looked much better as a FS. Much more natural and fluid in open spaces.

William Moore looked pretty bad in his limited action. He missed a couple of tackles and then was out injured. He just had a really bad season altogether after being a stud a junior. hard to grade him.

King is another guy that is hard to grade imho. When he makes plays they really show up and he does make plays. But he is also quite blockable at times. Neither big nor fast. Reminds me of Chris Hovan a bit. 4-3 quick DT. Would be nice to see him as a 3-4 DE some and see how that goes.

Delmas is intriguing. Looks quite quick and still physical.

Beckwith is a guy I really like. He shows good quickness and the ability to play passing lanes. I think can be a 3 down player.

Ravi and Brace are interesting. I think Ravi may be a bit overrated and Brace a bit underrated. Seems like Ravi is the more explosive guy but Brace may well have a better overall motor. Brace made more plays chasing the ball and Ravi got blocked a bit more than I'd expected after hearing he had destroyed blocking all week.

Cowboys related value board:

QB: Bomar in 5th or 6th makes sense.

FS: Rashad Johnson is worth trading up for in the 2nd. If he falls to 40 we have the ammo to go get him and I think he'd be a long term starter there. Him getting to 40 though is a stretch.

Delmas should be in that 45-50 range. He doesn't have a lot of big-time experience but he looks the part. If his body can stand up to pounding NFL caliber physiques he is a keeper.

Pat Chung should go no higher than 51. He doesn't look real comfortable at FS yet but he has all the tools and could be a real find. A chance he doesn't start as a rookie for you though.

LB: Beckwith is a guy I'd love if he falls to round 3. Solid physical specimen with good tools for that ILB position next to Bradie. Quick and plays the pass well, a bit like Burnett with a much more solid frame.

I am not in love with any of the USC guys. Probably came into the game with too high an opinion of them. All 3 look like speed guys and they might struggle when engaged with blocks. Cushing plays too upright and stiff. Rey is fierce and quick but he was blocked a lot more than I expected and tackled a lot less soundly. RBs shouldn't be able to shrug off MLB tackles.

OL: It is always hard to evaluate OL in this game and it seemed there was a fair amount of doubling on guys like Ravi. Still, both running games had huge gaps at times and some of these guys had to play well. When you have a ton of second day picks there are not many better ways to use them then on OL. If you hit on one of them it pays off big time.

pretty much agree on all the above...

I wasnt impressed with any of the QB's though...I wouldnt be surprised if none of them were drafted before the 7th rd

Manwiththeplan

Reaction score
silverbear;2600628 said:
If he's still there at pick 51, the Cowboys MUST take him... I don't care if he's had a rough Senior Bowl week, some guys just don't adjust to a whole new system in that short a time... I won't downgrade any player based on how they perform in these all-star games, though I will upgrade a player if he shines in that setting...

He also had a bad senior season, or atleast disappointing. I hope we don't take him, I think he'll be one dimensional in the pros

jterrell

Penguinite
Reaction score
dbair1967;2601103 said:
pretty much agree on all the above...

I wasnt impressed with any of the QB's though...I wouldnt be surprised if none of them were drafted before the 7th rd

I agree all the Qbs looked pretty bad but Bomar showed that upside that got a guy like Boller drafted round 1. He has an NFL arm and will display 4.6 or better speed in the 40. I think he goes round 6 at the latest.

Harrell isn't gonna get drafted. I love the kid but his arm is not even good enough to where he can play in the WCO it doesn't appear. The only hope for him is that his arm was just tired and worn out and he can display much better arm strength at the combine. When I was at Tech the QBs worked on arm strength quite a bit, not sure they do under Leach tho. Guys like Gill and Robert Hall had pro arms upon leaving Tech.