Reaction score
StanleySpadowski said:
Mike Mayoch's comments were:

Stovall looks quick

Blackmun look rusty

Anwar Phillips has a much better backpedal than he thought

Tye Hill looks great in coverage

My thoughts:

RB Harrison from Wash. St. looks like the best back but they are in shoulder pads and shorts so that may change.

Michael Robinson isn't an NFL QB.

The RG from USC (didn't catch who it is) looks to be the best interior lineman.

TE Klopstein (?) from Colorado looks pretty good.

how did the OTs look? esp. Darryn Colledge?

Hiero

Reaction score
ya i was surprised to see Kiwi is shorter than Lawson. Maybe he can be olb.

StanleySpadowski

Reaction score
Kiwi didn't look that good in the pass rushing drills. Furguson schooled him a couple of times. I thought the best looking pass rusher was Dvorcek from Oklahoma.

StanleySpadowski

Reaction score
summerisfunner said:
Stanley, how did Cal OT Ryan O'Callaghan and Boise State OT Darryn COlledge look?

I didn't really concentrate too much on the tackles today but I can say that none of the DEs got much pressure on the 9 on 7s or the full team drills. I was watching for interior linemen.

I'll watch the OTs much closer when they're in full pads.

Bob Sacamano

Benched
Reaction score
StanleySpadowski said:
I'll watch the OTs much closer when they're in full pads.

awesome, I'll try and catch the practices tomorrow, and for my sake, could you kinda keep an eye out for all the OTs, but pretty much the 2 I have listed? just in case

thanks

StanleySpadowski

Reaction score
summerisfunner said:
awesome, I'll try and catch the practices tomorrow, and for my sake, could you kinda keep an eye out for all the OTs, but pretty much the 2 I have listed? just in case

thanks

Tomorrow will be the South squad. The guys you mentioned will be on again Wed.

I watched the guards today because they move the same with or without pads. It's hard to get a guage on a tackle's footwork when they don't have to worry about all out bullrushes.

Nors

Benched
Reaction score
StanleySpadowski said:
Kiwi didn't look that good in the pass rushing drills. Furguson schooled him a couple of times. I thought the best looking pass rusher was Dvorcek from Oklahoma.

Scout.com also stated tonight Furgoson schooled Kiwi.

Here is how Kiwi is backed in a 4-3 corner. 2 years ago there was Ed Too Tall talk, now there is 6-5 262 talk. It was common knowledge here in Boston Kiwi did not declare last year as he wasn't strong enough. That concern is still there.

For those ready to convert Kiwi to 3-4 OLB here is the crux of that dilemma. He has limited lateral or agility - he goes North South, thats his gig. You darft him in a 3-4 setting he can't play 3-4 DE at 6-5 260. IOn that we can agree? So a team is asked to spend a #1 on an unproven OLB candidate? Thats boom bust on Kiwi.

Dallas? We have Ware - not taking that risk on Kiwi
San Diego - Set with Merriman - other needs
Pitt - doubt it
Cleveland - Crennel is wired at BC - can't bust this that high
Pats - OLB not a need - ILB is

3-4 leaning teams

Miami, Giants, Jets - Kiwi is in trouble getting a 3-4 draft in Round 1. He will go if in Round 1 to a 4-3 DE gig.

Clove

Shrinkage
Reaction score
Nors said:
Came in shape and looking good

Watson
Lawson 6-5 240
Howard 6-3 234

Suprised how small the rest of LB's were.....
Lawson and Howard could easily put on 5-10 pds before TC this year. Lawson is a little lean, but he's quick so........

Clove

Shrinkage
Reaction score
summerisfunner said:
Stanley, how did Cal OT Ryan O'Callaghan and Boise State OT Darryn COlledge look?
I'm interested in that Colledge guy - he's a little undersized, but he's a heck of a player.

Nors

Benched
Reaction score
I'm going against Draftinsiders weight/heaights

Deangelo Williams 5-11 came in 5-8

Sinorice Moss 5-9 came in a whicker over 5-7 1/2

Jon Scott 6-7 6-6
Davin Joseph 6-4 6-2

Mangold 6-4 6-3

Kiwi 6-6 6-5
Parys Haralson 6-2 6-1
Tamba Hali 6-3 6-2

Gabe Watson 6-4 330 6-3 341 But looked fit, strong
Harris 6-2 6-3 Actually came in over!

BIGGEST LOSER

Babatunde Oshinowo 6-2 320 6-1 302

LB's world
Demarco Ryan 235 229

Spencer Havner 6-4 6-3
Hodge - 6-1 6-0
Roach 6-2 6-1
Dqwell Jackson - 6-1 6-0

Clove

Shrinkage
Reaction score
Nors said:
Gabe Watson 6-4 330 6-3 341 But looked fit, strong

BIGGEST LOSER

Babatunde Oshinowo 6-2 320 6-1 302
I've been on the Gabe Watson bandwagon for awhile now, but Babatunde is a little disappointing.

StanleySpadowski

Reaction score
The biggest "loser" so far Senior Bowl week has to be Marcus McNeil.

He skipped the Hula Bowl at the last minute for a Senior Bowl invite (smart) but then blew off the weigh-ins (dumb).

He'd better have a heckuva week and a heckuvan excuse.

BigWillie

Reaction score
These are some things I've picked up from reading across draft sites...

*Marcus McNeill's stock is dropping every second he stays on the field. He's just looking that bad.

*Eric Winston looks like the junior top 5-10 pick that was so greatly thought of. Came in very lean, but still dominating.

*Winston Justice is looking very solid and rising up on alot of draft boards.

*Taitusi Lutui measure in almost 3 inches shorter than expected at 6'3. Some thought he may be nimble enough to play tackle as well, but that's unlikely now. Had a solid day still yet.

*D'Brickshaw silenced weight critics a bit weighing in at 295lbs. and shutting down some of the best competition in the country.

*Elvis Dumervil came in looking horribly with his physique.

*Jay Cutler is rising up draft boards like everyone expects. Easily the best QB in Mobile, followed by Charlie Whitehurst.

*Maurice Stovall is rising draft boards in a hurry. He came in looking physically impressive and is catching most everything. Being a big WR still yet, if he can show a fair amount of speed, you can expect him to go in the 2nd round. JMO, but someone I would look at.

*Daryn Colledge is also looking impressive.

*Gabe Watson may be helping himself more than even Winston Justice. Supposedly looked the best physically of ANY player who came to the Senior Bowl.

*Last but not least (and please no one show this to Yeager), Jerry Jones was supposedly seen having a long talk with DeAngelo Williams. He also had a short talk with Jerrius Norwood. Now whether that is 100% true, I really don't know. However if Jerry and BP keep contact with DeAngelo, I would definetely take it to heart as we have him high on our draft board. Case in point the last two years with how we talked to Julius Jones and Marcus Spears at the Senior Bowl.

Nors

Benched
Reaction score
BigWillie said:

*Marcus McNeill's stock is dropping every second he stays on the field. He's just looking that bad.

*Eric Winston looks like the junior top 5-10 pick that was so greatly thought of. Came in very lean, but still dominating.

*Taitusi Lutui measure in almost 3 inches shorter than expected at 6'3. Some thought he may be nimble enough to play tackle as well, but that's unlikely now. Had a solid day still yet.

*D'Brickshaw silenced weight critics a bit weighing in at 295lbs. and shutting down some of the best competition in the country.

*Jay Cutler is rising up draft boards like everyone expects. Easily the best QB in Mobile, followed by Charlie Whitehurst.

*Maurice Stovall is rising draft boards in a hurry. He came in looking physically impressive and is catching most everything. Being a big WR still yet, if he can show a fair amount of speed, you can expect him to go in the 2nd round. JMO, but someone I would look at.

*Gabe Watson may be helping himself more than even Winston Justice. Supposedly looked the best physically of ANY player who came to the Senior Bowl.

*Last but not least (and please no one show this to Yeager), Jerry Jones was supposedly seen having a long talk with DeAngelo Williams. He also had a short talk with Jerrius Norwood. Now whether that is 100% true, I really don't know. However if Jerry and BP keep contact with DeAngelo, I would definetely take it to heart as we have him high on our draft board. Case in point the last two years with how we talked to Julius Jones and Marcus Spears at the Senior Bowl.

I am not of closed minded "We will never draft RB/TE"....

We need offensive playmakers and if Dangelo Williams is deemed that good - do it. JJ has proven he can't play more than half a season anyway.

Clove

Shrinkage
Reaction score
BigWillie said:

Jerry is throwing other teams off - he's not showing his hands.

Daryn Colledge is one I'm watching, and I was looking forward to seeing Dumervill and of course Lawson. Is Lawson playing in the Senior Bowl?

BigWillie

Reaction score
If we go OT, I'm hoping for Eric Winston (granted he's available).

Big time talent, got hurt, stock slipped and we gave benefit. But unfortunately, he is seeming to be one of the draft risers. Hopefully just not too much. ;)