Sham talks w/Jerry about depth, Canty mic'd up - 8/4/08

iceberg

rock music matters
Reaction score
dcfanatic;2175301 said:
http://dcfanatic.com/2008/08/04/brad-sham-w-jerry-jones-plus-chris-canty-is-micd-up.aspx
----------------------------------

Jerry will not let the trade stuff die down.

Canty. I hope he gets his deal at some point this season. We need a kid like him who works hard to improve his game and does the right things on and off the field.

yea, but i'm not really knowing jones for the "trade" talk that much. so, if you read people at face value my guess is there's a trade out there somewhere about to take place and jones can't contain himself.

steve smith may have legs. the question is, if it does, do we call detroit and let them know as leverage to get one or the other?

now if you could have either, who do you take for the same picks/players?

dallasfaniac

Reaction score
Tough call. Smith fits us better today. Williams would probably be better for the next 5 years.

Mansta54

Reaction score
iceberg;2175330 said:
yea, but i'm not really knowing jones for the "trade" talk that much. so, if you read people at face value my guess is there's a trade out there somewhere about to take place and jones can't contain himself.

steve smith may have legs. the question is, if it does, do we call detroit and let them know as leverage to get one or the other?

Gimmie Smith!!!

dcfanatic

Benched
Reaction score
Seeing as Smith is punching people out in Carolina I think I would go with Roy Williams right now.

Smith's bravado is a little too out of control for me if there is an opportunity to get Williams instead of him.

Idgit

Fattening up
Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
iceberg;2175330 said:

Go balls out for either of them, but if you can get a deal done for Smith, you don't bother calling Detroit to let them know about it.

As for who's the better player, it's Smith and it's not even close. Smith is right now what Roy Williams could become if he's lucky. And I love Roy Williams.

cowboyjoe

Reaction score
first dealling with detroit for roy williams, your dealing with a knuckhead in matt millen. This is the same guy that when jerry jones asked about trading up, millen wanted best i remember, demarcus ware, jason witten and 2 number 1 picks.

you cant deal with a general manager like millen whom drafts 4 wrs in a 5 year span in 1st round. To me, he is the main reason why the lions fail, poor management decisions, besides i never liked him as a player either

on smith, he can help us for the next 4 to 5 years, he is very fast, 29 this year, , so thats 29, 30, 31, 32, 33 for sure before speed starts to go,

thats 5 decent years, and thats is about how long this team is built for the salary cap, before it hits.

31smackdown

Reaction score
Jake Delhomme and Moose Muhammed both referred to Steve Smith as the "franchise" today during interviews.. of course they aren't management , but I think you might be ruffling some feathers if you moved him.. they have no depth behind smith and moose.. I really don't see it happening at all.. you are better off wasting your time talking about Boldin or RW.. Jerry wants a big tall receiver.. Smith is not that guy