Shanle Video - help

Nors

Benched
Reaction score
Anyone have these two plays - the fake play stop and the 3 yard tackle for a loss.

That JJ video was cool. I'l like to see these two plays again........

4-4-NO37 :)41) (Punt formation) F.McAfee right end pushed ob at NO 38 for 1 yard (S.Shanle). Direct snap on a fake punt.

2-3-NO30 (14:15) D.McAllister left end to NO 27 for -3 yards (S.Shanle). Option pitch left.

dbair1967

Arch Defender
Reaction score
Nors said:
Anyone have these two plays - the fake play stop and the 5 yard tackle for a loss.

That JJ video was cool. I'l like to see those two plays again........

4-4-NO37 :)41) (Punt formation) F.McAfee right end pushed ob at NO 38 for 1 yard (S.Shanle). Direct snap on a fake punt.

yawn

David

Nors

Benched
Reaction score
dbair1967 said:
yawn

David

Don't like the thread move on - Yawn is waiting to see Singleton actually make a play.

James - 42 tackles
Coak - 57 tackles

Dat - 83 tackles

Al S - 47 tackles where's the weak link?
Shanle - 10 tackles

Shanle has more production in his very limited role. Change is good there.

dbair1967

Arch Defender
Reaction score
Nors said:
Don't like the thread move on - Yawn is waiting to see Singleton actually make a play.

James - 42 tackles
Coak - 57 tackles

Dat - 83 tackles

Al S - 47 tackles where's the weak link?
Shanle - 10 tackles

Shanle has more production in his very limited role. Change is good there.

make that double yawn

David

Nors

Benched
Reaction score
richard richard

Bad day yesterday, you'll get over it.

Chocolate Lab

Run-loving Dino
Reaction score
Nors said:
Anyone have these two plays - the fake play stop and the 3 yard tackle for a loss.

That JJ video was cool. I'l like to see these two plays again........

2-3-NO30 (14:15) D.McAllister left end to NO 27 for -3 yards (S.Shanle). Option pitch left.
That's just weird, Nors.

I like Shanle (Nebraska fan here), but I can tell you what happened on those plays... He ran up and tackled the guy. That's about it. They aren't in the same universe as watching Julius juke a safety out of his shoes.

And what's with the "Milk" Jones thing, anyway?

Nors

Benched
Reaction score
Chocolate Lab said:
That's just weird, Nors.

I like Shanle (Nebraska fan here), but I can tell you what happened on those plays... He ran up and tackled the guy. That's about it. They aren't in the same universe as watching Julius juke a safety out of his shoes.

After He first cracked ribs than fractured a sholder I was concerned he had osteoporosis. With lots of Milk drinking it appears he can be a feature back for us!

Drink Milk.

Prospect Profiles

Scott Shanle
Position: Outside Linebacker
College: Nebraska
Height: 6-2
Weight: 245
Hometown: St. Edward, Neb.

Career Notes | Agility | High School | Personal | Stats

ANALYSIS
Positives: Well-built athlete with the acceleration and change-of-direction agility to quickly close on the ball … Has the strength needed to take on the lead blocker and stack the action at the point of attack … Stays low in his pads to clog the rush lanes … Can run through traffic and does a nice job with his hands to defeat low blocks … Has the vision and instincts to flow to the play and the short-area quickness to cover most tight ends in their routes … Times his charge off the edge properly as a pass rusher, getting a clean shot through the line of scrimmage … Can break down and tackle well when working in the box … Has the pursuit speed to make plays from the back side … His speed, toughness and closing burst could be more effective operating as a rush-end linebacker in a 3-4 defensive alignment.

Hostile

The Duke
Reaction score
Chocolate Lab said:
That's just weird, Nors.

You mean you don't recognize his agendas?

:cunning:

Nors

Benched
Reaction score
Hostile said:
You mean you don't recognize his agendas?

:cunning:
I could say who has an ax to grind?

Agenda? Yup a linebacker that makes plays. Thats novel in Dallas these days.
Time to clean shop at LB. If thats an agenda I'm all for it.

Hostile

The Duke
Reaction score
Nors said:
I could say who has an ax to grind?

Agenda? Yup a linebacker that makes plays. Thats novel in Dallas these days.
Time to clean shop at LB. If thats an agenda I'm all for it.
Let's talk real LBs then like drafting Derrick Johnson or Ahmed Brooks in the first or Blackstock in the 2nd.

Scott Shanle is a waste of time to get horny over.

Hell I'll even entertain talk of acquiring Julian Peterson in Free Agency. Anything but this tired agenda.

So, let's talk LB if you really want to. Personally I think we need some along with DL.

Nors

Benched
Reaction score
Hostile said:
Let's talk real LBs then like drafting Derrick Johnson or Ahmed Brooks in the first or Blackstock in the 2nd.

Scott Shanle is a waste of time to get horny over.

Hell I'll even entertain talk of acquiring Julian Peterson in Free Agency. Anything but this tired agenda.

So, let's talk LB if you really want to. Personally I think we need some along with DL.

Of course we go after impact FA and Draft guys. But to dismiss a Bruschi/Vrabel clone is near sighted.

Some get horny over Henson, yet Shanle has PRODUCED in his limited role? Whats the difference?

I saw a linebacker making plays in his game when elevated to starter. Kill me for noting that fact. Good night - What the frick has your boy Al Done? NOTHING! ;)

Hostile

The Duke
Reaction score
Nors said:
Of course we go after impact FA and Draft guys. But to dismiss a Bruschi/Vrabel clone is near sighted.

Some get horny over Henson, yet Shanle has PRODUCED in his limited role? Whats the difference?

I saw a linebacker making plays in his game when elevated to starter. Kill me for noting that fact. Good night - What the frick has your boy Al Done? NOTHING! ;)
Shanle is not a Bruschi. Not even in your wildest imagination.

Henson and "Milk" produced against the Ravens and you discounted those efforts with such troll-like energy that it earned you a vacation.

Then you turn around and make a huge deal about a guy who couldn't beat out a guy you claim is beyond horrible.

Singleton is NOT my boy. You just pout because I proved to you that Parcells likes tall LBs and his definition of "big" had nothing to do with weight. I would expect you to have gotten over that by now, but I guess not. Shanle made a couple of good plays against the Saints. I take nothing away from him for that. I hope he does well.

You're going overboard as usual.

BrAinPaiNt

Mike Smith aka Backwoods Sexy
Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Call me rude but Yawn to this whole thread...not just nors.

EXCEPT for Racks new sigline created by Trick....very sweet.