Shaq done for the year

LA=Pancakemaker

Benched
Reaction score
I can't find anything on this.

mr.jameswoods

Reaction score
It's not like it matters because he isn't playing in the Western Conference any longer.

Yeagermeister

Reaction score
mr.jameswoods said:
It's not like it matters because he isn't playing in the Western Conference any longer.
It matters to me.....he's one one of my fantasy teams :(

Charles

Benched
Reaction score
50cent said:
per ESPNNews and Miami Herald
Just heard the breaking news via radio in DC on John Thompson show.

Personally, I think is just the Heat giving Shaq his customary in-season vacation. They didn't want to give a return date this season. Shaq will be back with about 7-10 games before the season ends. Dwayne Wade can carry that team into the play-offs.

WoodysGirl

U.N.I.T.Y
Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
mr.jameswoods said:
Yeah, but Miami mortgaged their future for him. I just hope if he's done for the year, he doesn't fall off .

Hakeem got a knee injury when he could still produce and just never seemed to recover. Became a shell of himself.

jay cee

Reaction score
Woody'sGirl said:
Yeah, but Miami mortgaged their future for him. I just hope if he's done for the year, he doesn't fall off .

Hakeem got a knee injury when he could still produce and just never seemed to recover. Became a shell of himself.
I'm having trouble remembering Hakeem's knee injury. Do you remember the year? Was that before they traded for Barkley?

WoodysGirl

U.N.I.T.Y
Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
jay cee said:
I'm having trouble remembering Hakeem's knee injury. Do you remember the year? Was that before they traded for Barkley?
Not sure whether it was Steve's rookie or soph season. The thought was as soon as he went down, then let the kids run. kids being Steve and Cuttino. Definitely after Barkley trade tho.

GTaylor

Gif Dude
Reaction score
Sorry dudes - this was a hoax ala the "Clinton Portis out for the year" injury hoax from earlier. For those not familiar, someone back in the summer created a fake site that stated Portis had suffered a major injury and was out for the season, in this case the bogus site mimiced the Miami Herald.

And once again the major media outlets ate it up...wow!

This is the hoax link (Was taken offline): http://miami.dolem.com/mld/miamiherald/sports/10968685.htm

Miami Herald's real link: http://www.miami.com/mld/miamiherald/

Banned_n_austin

Benched
Reaction score
I can't stand Shaq. . .

I'm sure if Officer Nancy were here that she'd ask that this thread be moved to the sports zone.

But she moved to a more "central" location.

:D

JK

jimmy40

Reaction score
Woody'sGirl said:

Shaqs game is his size. Hakeems game was his legs. Totally different situations.

SuspectCorner

Still waiting...
Reaction score
so far all i've heard is "shaq's out for tonights game" and "trainer doesn't think it's serious".