Shark Month: Best/Favorite Shark Movies Of All Time

quickccc

Reaction score
In Honor of " Shark Month" : Which Shark movies would be among your Best/Favorites of All Time ?

https://www.imdb.com/list/ls068481928/

https://www.listchallenges.com/shark-movies-mega-list

https://editorial.rottentomatoes.com/guide/best-shark-movies-ranked-by-tomatometer/

https://www.listchallenges.com/50-jawsome-shark-movies

Here's a look at MY own list:
Jaws
Jaws 2
Deep Blue Sea
The Meg
The Reef
Shark Night
Open Waters
Bait
47 Meters Down
The Shallows

a11148f6855e41b154e709f640719d42.jpg

87f5c5a5c4fe68f19d11087499a5bf92.jpg

db7195fb6b55cfde7c9a359a25ecd5a2.jpg

c42882afa16d46b874cad208aff40334.jpg

Last edited:

DallasEast

Cowboys 24/7/365
Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
My choice will be in the form of a movie quote.

"You're gonna need a bigger boat."

I really REALLY wanted to post a video clip containing the quote instead but even the shortest YouTube clip I found (27 seconds) contained language. :laugh:

Big_D

Reaction score

I really REALLY wanted to post a video clip containing the quote instead but even the shortest YouTube clip I found (27 seconds) contained language. :laugh:
You can’t beat the original. Even without today’s technology it was great with the music and the cast. Spielberg captured the anticipation of the shark perfectly. No other shark movie will ever take that top spot.

DallasEast

Cowboys 24/7/365
Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
You can’t beat the original. Even without today’s technology it was great with the music and the cast. Spielberg captured the anticipation of the shark perfectly. No other shark movie will ever take that top spot.
Jaws was one of the late great Robert Shaw's final films. He literally played that wonderful role extremely well until the very bitter end, lol. Even his scratching the chalkboard intro is a classic.

quickccc

Reaction score

That floating head coming outta the hole of the side of the boat scared the utter heck outta me as a young kid so much that I could not sleep that night ..!!

One of the best " jump-scare " scenes in movies of all time ! :eek:

quickccc

Reaction score
Jaws was one of the late great Robert Shaw's final films. He literally played that wonderful role extremely well until the very bitter end, lol. Even his scratching the chalkboard intro is a classic.

The Jaws hunting cast from Scheider , Dreyfuss and Shaw was wonderful acting roles all across the board.
Quinn's final battle vs the Great White was a classic.
Oddly I cannot seem to remember Robert Shaw in other movies other than Jaws.

6fcdad201ac6e799e5cb1c8220589b29.jpg

quickccc

Reaction score
Jaws seem like the only take serious shark movie that it seem natural ..like you're actually seeing the great whites

All other shark movies seem so generic and even cartoonish at times with all of these CGI graphics.
Even with one of my top shark movie " Deep Blue Sea " .. it's so CGI led that it would not compare to any of the first two Jaw movies, imo.

Notice I said the first two Jaw movies... after Jaws 2, I lost all interest in the following others, i did not even bother to see them at the theaters, i just waited
for cable TV to sprout them.

You're key on right about what helped made Jaws the shark movie which all will be measured by .. That music theme- score is utter classic and untouchable.

Creeper

Reaction score
I hate all shark, piranha, and killer whale movies. But if I had to pick one that is best, I would hold my nose and pick Jaws.

I will be fully committed if there is a thread to pick the worst though!

Pass2Run

Reaction score
This thread reminds me of how everyone talks about how sharks aren't really all that dangerous and then Cameron Robbins being drunk in the Bahamas and testing that theory, believing what his high school teacher told him.

Poor guy.