Shawne Merriman Video

zagnut

Reaction score
Sitting Bull said:
Can be found here, if you're willing to sift thru the clips. He's #45 and looks fast:
http://www.fridgetv.com/raw.cfm#
A tip of the cap to whomever turned the board onto him first. I'm intrigued by everything I've read and seen.

Good find. I forgot about FridgeTV.

Some other solid 2nd day and sleeper prospects on that MD team:

#2-Chris Kelly, SS/FS: Inexperienced but very agressive and feisty. Solid hands. Former QB. First year starting on D.
#6-Domonique Foxworth, CB: Slight frame, but good hands, quickness, and man-2-man instincts. Not thrown at often. Has played since late freshman year.
#76-Henry Scott, NT/DT: Small for a NT but very active and mobile. Very strong and gives his all. 9 TFL and 2 sacks from NT position. May still have a year of eligibility.
#34-Steve Suter, PR/WR: Tim Dwight type of player. 6 career TD as a punt returner. Sub 4.35 guy. Unusual strength for 5-9 guy.

D'Qwell Jackson, MLB, (#52) has been the best player on the team this year, but he's small for the NFL -- 5-11/235 ish. He's still a junior, but watch the movies and he will show up a lot.

MD lovefest over.

Rack

Federal Agent
Reaction score
D'Qwell Jackson, MLB, (#52) has been the best player on the team this year, but he's small for the NFL -- 5-11/235 ish. He's still a junior, but watch the movies and he will show up a lot.

I was just about to come in here and post about that guy. I was watching the "highlights" expecting to see Merriman tearing it up, but instead I see this #52 all over the place making plays.

Merriman didn't impress me. Not even a little. And these are the highlights.

If this is the best pass rushing DE in the draft then I don't want us to draft one.

Champsheart

Reaction score
Rack said:
I was just about to come in here and post about that guy. I was watching the "highlights" expecting to see Merriman tearing it up, but instead I see this #52 all over the place making plays.

Merriman didn't impress me. Not even a little. And these are the highlights.

If this is the best pass rushing DE in the draft then I don't want us to draft one.

Rack, when Kiwi decided to stay in school you said just plug the name Merriman in.

Where you just going off what you heard about him? I thought you were high on him.

Rack

Federal Agent
Reaction score
Champsheart said:
Rack, when Kiwi decided to stay in school you said just plug the name Merriman in.

Where you just going off what you heard about him? I thought you were high on him.

Yeah I didn't watch much college football this year. I didn't get to watch him much so I just went mainly off of what people were saying about him. People acted like he was the next Dwight Freeney. I should of known better. He looks like a solid player, but nothing I'd draft at #11. MAYBE I'd take him at #20 if nothing better were available.

ghettogandhi

Reaction score
I was the guy that turned the board onto him over 3 months ago- sent a few to nors when he was talking about his favorite topic- the hybrid and the 3-4....the guy is the total package- big-fast-strong-works hard on and off the field and ultimately he is a playmaker

Rack

Federal Agent
Reaction score
ghettogandhi said:
I was the guy that turned the board onto him over 3 months ago- sent a few to nors when he was talking about his favorite topic- the hybrid and the 3-4....the guy is the total package- big-fast-strong-works hard on and off the field and ultimately he is a playmaker

Sorry, he didn't impress me. I saw him do a Greg Ellis impression and just stand there when he got blocked. He's solid, but he's not the "Dynamic" pass rusher we need.