She's moving NW....

TruBlueCowboy

Reaction score
I've been following this storm since it became a depression since it's following a similar path to Katrina. The government predictions keep moving this one to the NW threatening Texas first, and then, worst of all, New Orleans again! Hope all you folks in harm's way stay safe.

PS - This chart will continue to change every 8 hours or so.

153924W_sm.gif

Duane

Reaction score
Good map TBC. A lot of the others I've seen don't have a specific line of the storm, just large areas outlined.

TruBlueCowboy

Reaction score
Duane said:
Good map TBC. A lot of the others I've seen don't have a specific line of the storm, just large areas outlined.

From the way I understand it, the National Hurricane Chart takes into account all the popular weather models, and it also has first look at the data from the Air Force planes that do the fly-overs. If the eye of this baby starts heading towards Houston, you folks down there should be careful. Houston isn't that far from the coast. If this thing hits as powerful as Katrina, and H-Town is in the eye wall, especially NE of it, you'll probably get sustained winds over 100+ mph in Houston.

TruBlueCowboy

Reaction score
By the way Duane, here's the official site I got this from. Hope all you Texans stay safe. Keep updated with this site. It's the best once you'll find. Take it from a Florida resident who was hit 4x last year. ;)

http://www.weather.gov/

Go to Hurricanes on the left side under Forecasts.

Doomsday101

Reaction score
TruBlueCowboy said:
From the way I understand it, the National Hurricane Chart takes into account all the popular weather models, and it also has first look at the data from the Air Force planes that do the fly-overs. If the eye of this baby starts heading towards Houston, you folks down there should be careful. Houston isn't that far from the coast. If this thing hits as powerful as Katrina, and H-Town is in the eye wall, especially NE of it, you'll probably get sustained winds over 100+ mph in Houston.

That is what is expected at this point, we are expecting Hurricane force winds in Houston and the surrounding areas.

TruBlueCowboy

Reaction score
Doomsday101 said:
That is what is expected at this point, we are expecting Hurricane force winds in Houston and the surrounding areas.

I remember the coast was always a short drive from Houston, but for some reason, I thought there was more distance. Was looking at some maps, comparing distances to what I'm used to in Florida, and Houston is shockingly close to the coast when it comes to hurricane threats. I don't remember reading much about the effects on Houston after some of those killer storms hit Galveston. Not sure, though, that they were as powerful or as big as this one is going to be. Maybe they veered to the NE and missed Houston with the most poweful side of the hurricane? One good thing about Texas is it's all land, baby! That thing will fizzle out quickly. We'll see where it goes, the radar film (http://www.goes.noaa.gov/HURRLOOPS/huirloop.html) makes it look like it's going to pass further west of Houston since it hasn't started its NW ascent yet.