Shocking Reviews!! Romo vs Bledsoe

mephisto890

Reaction score
Like most of the board members....I download all the Cowboy games onto my computer so I can pass the Spring and Summer months watching my team.

I was watching a couple of game from earlier in the season, and what I noticed was the speed variables with Bledsoe.

When Bledsoe was dropping back for a handoff. He actually moved very fast. Faster than most QBS in the league. When he drops back for a pass, Bledsoe really doesnt move very well moving back. Laterally he is ok.

Romo is the difference between have a wide receiver that runs a 4.2 and another WR that runs a 4.6. If I notice this, then other scouts do....Bledsoe should just be happy he has a paycheck.

rojan

Reaction score
mephisto890;1251931 said:
Like most of the board members....I download all the Cowboy games onto my computer so I can pass the Spring and Summer months watching my team.

I was watching a couple of game from earlier in the season, and what I noticed was the speed variables with Bledsoe.

When Bledsoe was dropping back for a handoff. He actually moved very fast. Faster than most QBS in the league. When he drops back for a pass, Bledsoe really doesnt move very well moving back. Laterally he is ok.

Romo is the difference between have a wide receiver that runs a 4.2 and another WR that runs a 4.6. If I notice this, then other scouts do....Bledsoe should just be happy he has a paycheck.[/quote]

I dont understand what u are trying to say

trueblue1687

Reaction score
he's saying that with Romo, you don't have to have a WR who runs 4.2 in order to be succesful. He drops back quicker, thus releases quicker, giving DBs less reaction time. I see what he is trying to say, but the flipside is with a 4.2 WR, you would be hitting more deep stuff presuming he could catch.

joseephuss

Reaction score
Bledsoe always looks slow no matter the situation. It looked like slow motion when Drew would hand off the ball on stretch plays. There was no difference between his footwork on running plays and passing plays. He is just not fleet of foot. Would not be that big of a problem if he made quicker decisions and would not hold the ball too long.

mephisto890

Reaction score
What I am trying to say...is that Romo is alot like Dan Marino in the release. His release is quick...the WRs dont have to have blazing speed to avoid the DB. With Bledsoe I think its a combination of slow footwork on the drop back and poor decision making. Without question...Romo is more nimble in the pocket. I just hope that Bledsoe continues his track of being the bridesmaid to the real deal for his career.

However, Bledsoe is quicker in the backfield to hand the ball off to the running back. From what I see, maybe on average a 1/4 to 1/3 second faster than Romo from play to play. The split second faster means the RB gets the ball with a little more time to find the hole. Could explain the reason why JJones was more productive because he may need the time to find the hole. Just a thought.

Romo really doesnt have that...you see that we he hands the ball off, its a little more pediastrain in his handoff exchange. Bledsoe is noticably quicker.

aikemirv

Reaction score
I don't think that a quick release has any correlation between a WR's speed although it does have a correlation between arm strength. He does not have to have the cannon of an arm with his quick release because the realease time makes up for the time it takes for the ball to get there.