Should players be allowed to pick their own numbers in Dallas?

Coogiguy03

Reaction score
I feel like we're the only team that assigns players a jersey number to go with whatever historic player Jerry has in mind for that player. I think the players should maybe take the route of going to the NFLPA to see what they can do about this. Yes Jerry pays the checks for the team, but let these players wear the number they want to wear, stop trying to control everything. What are your thoughts on players being able to choose their own numbers??

Give Overshown "0" agent zero, talk about a HELL of a marketing ticket! Jerry did someone say "marketing????" $$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$

Carson

Reaction score
Who hasnt chose their own #? people are butt hurt Overshown didn’t get 0. He doesn’t seem bothered by it

Coogiguy03

Reaction score
Who hasnt chose their own #? people are butt hurt Overshown didn’t get 0. He doesn’t seem bothered by it
Not butt hurt at all, I don't care if he has number 100, have you not seen ceedee lamb recently, or Kneeland most recent. Yes guys choose their own number at times, but there are those times where it's chosen for them!

Avenging Hayseed

Interwebs fooseball expert
Reaction score
I hate all this foolishness with jersey numbers. Go back to the old way,...certain positions get certain numbers. Just looks better, more professional, feels right, instead of this current garbage. Whats next? QB's wearing number 75? Dumb.

TequilaCowboy

Reaction score
I hate all this foolishness with jersey numbers. Go back to the old way,...certain positions get certain numbers. Just looks better, more professional, feels right, instead of this current garbage. Whats next? QB's wearing number 75? Dumb
Speaking of weird QB jersey numbers...... Bobby Layne and John Hadl 22,.. Sammy Baugh 33, Sid Luckman 42, ...i am sure some others that i can't remember off the top of my head. But with the rules now...which is no rules....i guess someone will be the first in modern day NFL SB era. But yeah, i am also sick of not able to keep track of positional players on the field through the number system.

and another thing...... GET OFF MY LAWN.......

Vanilla2

Reaction score
Making lamb wear 88 was a bit bothersome to me. I feel like Jerry had a warehouse full of 88’s he needed to move. Not saying he hasn’t played like an 88 but there’s something to be said about making you’re own mark

KingintheNorth

Chris in Arizona
Reaction score
Kneeland was assigned 94. So was Randy Gregory.

CeeDee wanted 10 but Jerry assigned him 88. Fake reason: Jerry's friend wore 88. Real reason: Jerry was getting pressure to bring back Dez and didn't want to, so he assigned his jersey # away. Gilmore was assigned 21 for the same reason last year.

Most teams do not assign numbers, they allow players to pick from available numbers. Veteran players and premium draft picks get first dibs.

The Overshown thing is beyond ridiculous. "Number is already asisgend to the mascot." That is just pure craziness.

plasticman

Reaction score
No. They should be assigned and they should be permanent.

Otherwise, pure chaos!

"I see you have Micah's #11 jersey............do you also have his #1, #51, #99.5. and number #000?"