Should the Cowboys trade for Brandin Cooks?

grgnfg420

Reaction score
living in Houston word is he’s on the trading block.

I think he’s just what we need at the wr position and i don’t think it would cost much more than a 3rd round pick. I really want this team to go for it and wr is one position we need to upgrade.

Also he has a very cap friendly contract so that’s not an issue

xwalker

Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan

I think he’s just what we need at the wr position and i don’t think it would cost much more than a 3rd round pick. I really want this team to go for it and wr is one position we need to upgrade.

It would be a trade for this season because teams won't pay his 2023 salary.

2022 1.6M age 29
2023 18M age 30
2024 13M age 31

I would give up two 7ths to have him the remainder of 2022.

Maybe give Houston a 7th and agree to give Cooks back to them next year...

Jake

Beyond tired of Jerry
Reaction score
They may prove me wrong before the deadline, but I think they're looking at James Washington as the addition to the WR corp without making another trade.

They definitely wouldn't want to be attached to Cooks' contract after this season.

RS12

Reaction score
Hasn't he had multiple concussions? Pass.

stiletto

Reaction score
I think Mimms from the Jes might be a good target. Throw him into the WR mix. Shouldn't be to expensive. Maybe a 5?

exciter

Reaction score

Exactly why would they want to. The base offense is now 12 personnel… it was obvious that was the direction they were going even last year. They’re not going to sit either Lamb or Gallup and Brown has exceeded expectations and earned his playing time on 3rd down. At this point they may not even bring Washington off IR unless someone gets injured and they haven’t really been pressed to force their rookie 3rd rounder into action before he’s ready. So what is the infatuation of bringing in another receiver, that at best is only going to play on 3rd down?

Rockport

AmberBeer
Reaction score

Absolutely

jay94

Reaction score

We are not getting past the divisional with this group of receivers, Dak sadly has to be lifted up, take it for what you will. Our receivers don't do that.

jay94

Reaction score
We need a speed/route running receiver, whether it's Cooks, Jeudy, or OBJ. I'm sure a few I don't know of.