Should the Starters have played more in Preseason?

fairviewfarmer

Reaction score
Zeke didn't play at all. The WR's didn't get much time with Dak in the preseason. The TE's didn't either. Hindsight being 20/20, is our Offense just taking longer to come around because our starters didn't play as much in game type situations as other teams did? Probably not the entire reason, but it may be part of the reason our Offense (and Dak) looked sluggish. Maybe they are finally coming around. jmo.

jrumann59

Reaction score
With all the changes on the team, yes. New OL "techniques", new receivers, new secondary. Pre season allows you to see what works, what sort of works and what does not.

Blackrain

Reaction score
YES YES and YES We would probably have atleast another win if they had all played more together on offense . The starting Defense played in preseason and hit the ground running . I Think the offense could have benefited from the same amount of REPs

atlantacowboy

Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
The preseason is a no-win situation for coaches and players. . I'd rather go into the regular season healthy, struggle a little in the beginning, and improve as the season goes on. Dallas usually has the opposite trajectory. We start out like a ball of fire and then putter out. This year is different. It seems like we were better in week 3 than in week 1 and I hope the improvement continues.