Should We Believe That Mazi Has Turned A Corner?

McMicah

Reaction score
Some say he started to figure it out late in the Ravens game, but this Giants game was a complete 180 to everything I’ve seen

To me, there are 3 possibilities:
1. New York had a fluky bad match up against him and he shined here but will struggle against better interior lineman

2. He’s starting to gain confidence in himself and his role and use better technique and leverage, and like many other D Lineman is just blossoming a little later

3. He has been quietly biding his time and mastering witchcraft to do a freaky Friday/Space Jam alien skill steal on Dexter Lawrence

My money is on #3. What do you guys think? Is this a flash in a pan or something more permanent?

Rockport

AmberBeer
Reaction score
CowboysZone LOYAL Fan
Some say he started to figure it out late in the Ravens game, but this Giants game was a complete 180 to everything I’ve seen

1. New York had a fluky bad match up against him and he shined here but will struggle against better interior lineman

2. He’s starting to gain confidence in himself and his role and use better technique and leverage, and like many other D Lineman is just blossoming a little later

3. He has been quietly biding his time and mastering witchcraft to do a freaky Friday/Space Jam alien skill steal on Dexter Lawrence

My money is on #3. What do you guys think? Is this a flash in a pan or something more permanent?
Not yet but your first point is not correct. The Giants interior is stout led by Dexter Lawrence.

KJJ

You Have an Axe to Grind
Reaction score
Taco had a few moments. We need to see consistency from Mazi. He’ll be facing some solid competition coming up. It’s going to take a number of good games for me to change my opinion of him.

gimmesix

Fat, drunk and stupid is no way to go through life
Reaction score

I don't think it should be a surprise that a DT is showing some signs of improving in his second season. Fans are quick to call players a bust their rookie season. Doesn't mean he's going to develop into something special, but we should give players a little more time to find that out.

Redsfan_83

Reaction score
There is a pretty darn good chance we will know over the next few games, starting with Pitt. Dak is going to be pounded under pressure all game, which means our D will be spending lots of time on the field trying to stop their RB and QB from running all over us

Praxit

Reaction score
..its possible. Wont know for few more games at least. If anything, its positive.