Should we look at James Jones?

Aven8

Reaction score
Sorry folks. Outside of Mincy we do not sign vets over 30 anymore.

Meanwhile Carolina has about 10 of them that helped get them to a SB.....:(

percyhoward

Research Tool
Reaction score
Yep. We were already pretty pedestrian at the position when Dez went down. Should Terrence Williams decide to test free agency, we'll be WR poor if we don't bring in some talent.

Beasley, Butler, Whitehead and Street are not the answer.
And we are definitely looking. WR's have had the most official visits/private workouts of any position other than QB or DE.

big dog cowboy

THE BIG DOG
Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Yep. We were already pretty pedestrian at the position when Dez went down. Should Terrence Williams decide to test free agency, we'll be WR poor if we don't bring in some talent.

Beasley, Butler, Whitehead and Street are not the answer.

I'm still holding out hope for Butler. He looked decent late last season and with a healthy Romo tossing him the ball he could be a contributor.

speedkilz88

Reaction score
I'm still holding out hope for Butler. He looked decent late last season and with a healthy Romo tossing him the ball he could be a contributor.

Yeah, I liked what Butler did without a qb, his hammy issues are a concern.

SilverStarCowboy

The Actualist
Reaction score
Anyone think hed be a good depth signing? He played well in GB last season, and I remember posters here saying we should have snagged him when we had the chance. Im just curious who feels the same now. I think he would be a good addition, especially if something happens to Dez again, because we all saw what Twill as #1 looked like.

If Greenbay doesn't sign him, why would anyone...maybe Oakland....oh wait!

CowboysLegend365

Reaction score
Meh! better ones in the draft and much cheaper too.

Same was said right here last year and we ended up with Devin Street while vets like this were still available.

He would have been our #1 when Dez went out last year. Good to count on vets that have had success in the league already not having to lean on rookies who we don't even know can handle the 17 week grind.

CCBoy

Reaction score

With T Williams, there would be a workable solution for the now. That could well end by next season, with the need still there...so yea, WR would be a target in my sites.

There are about five WR's that would fit at least my attempt at objectivity, and one should still be there for the 3rd pick on day 2.