Should we sign Jason Peters as insurance?

Deionindahood

Reaction score
Now that we signed Linval Joseph for depth, should we bring Jason Peters back to do the same?

Rayman70

Reaction score
no. He would be the very last resort. We did something very wrong and badly misjudged the talent at oline if we gotta sign a 45 year old dude. Oline is now a strength on this team. Pretty darn deep and good. Signing him would be saying that Asim Richards is arse and that isn't the case. Sorry for the long-winded response.

Cowboy4ever

Reaction score
No. At some point we have to trust our drafting and player signings to develop. This is that year. Richards, Ball, Waltzhisname, Bass, Hoffman.. I would be ok cutting ties with the other tackle that's always hurt and I can't pronounce his name either.

Steele, Martin, BeeBee, Smith, Guyton, Richards, Bass, Hoffman, Ball - That's 9 I am pretty sure that are making the team. Do we carry 10 to add Peters, or do we knock one of these off for him?

TequilaCowboy

Reaction score
Now that we signed Linval Joseph for depth, should we bring Jason Peters back to do the same?
Heck no, the guy is probably eligible to collect SS by now. He isn’t any better than Richards or Bass anyway. Even Ball is probably better, and did I mention he was old? Gotta pass on this one.

John813

Reaction score
IMO if Dallas from day 1 that year had Tyler Smith practicing at LT, I wonder if they would of signed him.

Tyler was at LG most of camp till Tyron went down.

thunderpimp91

Reaction score
Pass. The guy didnt move very well two years ago when he was here, was even worse last year with Seattle. It would have to be a total emergency situation to bring Peters in.

big dog cowboy

THE BIG DOG
Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan

Should we sign Jason Peters as insurance?​

tenor.gif

HungryLion

Reaction score
No. Asim is backup until Edoga recovers.

We also have Tyler Smith who can move out to tackle in a break glass in case of emergency situation.

The depth that Bass and Hoffman provide inside, makes the possibility of moving Tyler outside, if needed.

Praxit

Reaction score
..for the right price, hell ya. With Peters you get veteranship, quality back up, huge mentor to young players.

Just ask, Tyler Smith how he helped him, while here. You cant teach that stuff, it comes with miles in the NFL>

Whyjerry

Reaction score
Ball, Richards, Bass, Hoffman all look like viable options. I think they could possibly trade one of those guys to get a RB or DL. Richards is a keeper to me. OL looks really deep.