Shout out to #52 - not because of the block punt

ReturnToGlory

Reaction score
Where did #52 on special teams come from. Did we just sign him off the practice squad?

Besides the blocked punt, I finally saw someone with some aggression on kick coverage besides Keith Davis.

:bow:

theogt

Surrealist
Reaction score
He's been around for a while now and has been a beast on special teams.

RCowboyFan

Reaction score
ReturnToGlory;2438854 said:
Where did #52 on special teams come from. Did we just sign him off the practice squad?

Besides the blocked punt, I finally saw someone with some aggression on kick coverage besides Keith Davis.

Thats Carlos Polk, a vet, we signed about 4 or so weeks ago. Released by Chargers this year.

Reaction score
ReturnToGlory;2438854 said:

AGREED...he played well!!!

ReturnToGlory

Reaction score
Thanks. Just noticed him today before and after the blocked punt.
I liked it when he got on Clement's face when he knocked Scandrick on the punt.

speedkilz88

Reaction score
I was surprised they didn't sign him as soon as the Chargers released him, he's always been a top STs guy.

Bob Sacamano

Benched
Reaction score
speedkilz88;2438897 said:
I was surprised they didn't sign him as soon as the Chargers released him, he's always been a top STs guy.

they were too concerned, and still are, w/ fringe, but talented players like Courtney Brown, Pat Watkins etc.

BHendri5

Reaction score
Nebraska product, Yeah!!! Did any of you hear his post game interview? Love it!!

He said(paraphrasing now) he told the others that the Special teams is their time to shine, and make a play and he was enthusiatic about it, a guy with an attitude like that can be contagious to the rest of the special teams, I can forsee ST play will pick up, if he has anything to to do with them, we might need to let him pick the ST players he wants on the field with him.

jobberone

Kane Ala
Reaction score
Well one person can make a difference but many on STs need to pick there play up. And right now it appears some of them aren't capable of that.

AbeBeta

Reaction score
Bob Sacamano;2438905 said:
they were too concerned, and still are, w/ fringe, but talented players like Courtney Brown, Pat Watkins etc.

Watkins.

I used to see Merton Hanks.

Now I just see that skinny kid in high school who rolled up in a ball whenever you looked at him sideways.

theogt

Surrealist
Reaction score
AbeBeta;2439094 said:
Watkins.

Now I just see that skinny kid in high school who rolled up in a ball whenever you looked at him sideways.
:lmao2:

TellerMorrow34

BraveHeartFan
Reaction score
AbeBeta;2439094 said:
Watkins.

Sadly I can't help but agree.

TheMarathonContinues

Reaction score
I like his hunger on special teams. He's been great. But he's been solid throughout his career on specal teams. I'll admit I didn't expect much after picking him up off wires. I just assumed if the Chargers released him he must not be worth a damn anymore. Great pick up though.

Chocolate Lab

Run-loving Dino
Reaction score
Wade said when we signed him he was like Keith Davis in that he was good himself on ST and he was an emotional guy who would get everyone fired up.... Looks like he was right.

LittleBoyBlue

Redvolution
Reaction score
CowboysxSwagger;2439033 said:
Yeah he had a great day today.
It's been a while since the cowboys d has blocked a punt twice!!

So we got a Cowboy that blocks kicks = Polk
And we got a Cowboy that makes kicks = Folk

Idgit

Fattening up
Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Quarterback Coach;2438872 said:
AGREED...he played well!!!

He played well, if you're someone's who's satisfied with one blocked punt and a big tackle.

Personally, I expect more from my Cowboys special teamers, but that's just me. I just have higher expectations than some people around here.