Shut Down Corner Ratings

Reaction score
These guys claim to have devised a "Shut Down Corner" rating system. I don't know that I agree with their simplistic methodology, but it is interesting to see where Dallas ranked last year. Equally as interesting, is where Cleveland ranked also. We'll see what happens.

http://twominutewarning.com/cb2004.htm

Reaction score
This holds very little credibility considering the quality of conerbacks in Cincinatti and Pitt. last year. It may be a better indicator of the pass-rush that is being generated rather than the ability of the cornerback.

Reaction score
diamond cutter said:
This holds very little credibility considering the quality of conerbacks in Cincinatti and Pitt. last year. It may be a better indicator of the pass-rush that is being generated rather than the ability of the cornerback.

I agree. They gave it a shot, but I don't think they have a realistic or reliable method. Thought it was interesting though.

KDWilliams85

Reaction score
Quite the contrary, guys. The front four don't affect the ball once it's in flight. The defender does. You'd have a valid point if it just reflected completion percentage. Those defenders don't get to the QB all the time. Those defensive backs have it worse than those front defenders do. Those front defenders don't have to make a play on the ball once it's in the air like the DB's do. They're the ones all alone out there.

So, I'm not saying that this is accurate but it does give legitimate insight into whose DB corps is better.

Nors

Benched
Reaction score
us second to last in NFL - that sounds about right.
Henry, Glenn and revamped 3-4 should put us higher in 2005....

jterrell

Penguinite
Reaction score
We were 3rd in 2003 in their rankings.
Shows just how badly we fell off with TNew hurt and Cb carousel at RCB.

Its not perfect obviously but not abad effort at showing overall trends.

It is interesting that as much as CLE got ripped it seems much of that came from WR3 or TE's.