SI: PERLOFF: Five Potential Busts in the 2007 Draft

theogt

Surrealist
Reaction score
jobberone;1459897 said:
That's one guy. He's not slipping at all. I don't even know if he would be the right guy to pick with our number one pick but I truly admire his courage. He was suspended one game in 2006 for an undetermined reason. He passed his interviews and is not considered an off field problem.

Heck the more I defend him the better he looks to me. No wonder he's rated so highly.

He's played LB before although it would seem he's too big now. But Ellis is 6-6. And the Mad Stork did it.

Again I'm higher on Nelson and Revis but there will be a lot of player from 15 to 40 or so who would be good picks for us.
Well, that one guy is just the 2nd most accurate mock drafter in the business. Actually in 2004 and 2005 is more accurate the even Rick Gossellin.

Besides that Rob Rang of NFLDraftScout has Moss dropping out of the 1st round as well. Derek Harper has him dropping to 28. The guys is dropping on most boards, particularly the more accurate boards.

He saw action at OLB when he was at his lowest weight, because obviously he couldn't play DE at 220 lbs. But he only actually got 7 plays in at LB.

And when he did his linebackers drills at his Pro Day he looked pretty bad. He was almost universally projected as a potential 3-4 OLB before his Pro Day, but after his poor perfomance in linebacker drills he isn't thought so much as a potential 3-4 guy. That perception is also magnified by his very poor shuttle and cone times.

From NFLDraftScout:
[FONT=Verdana,Geneva,Arial,Helvetica,sans-serif]03/13/07 - Stock Falling: Moss may have answered the question as to his ultimate pro position with underwhelming results in linebacker drills at the Combine and his Pro Day.
[/FONT]

jobberone

Kane Ala
Reaction score
theogt;1459914 said:
Well, that one guy is just the 2nd most accurate mock drafter in the business. Actually in 2004 and 2005 is more accurate the even Rick Gossellin.

Besides that Rob Rang of NFLDraftScout has Moss dropping out of the 1st round as well. Derek Harper has him dropping to 28. The guys is dropping on most boards, particularly the more accurate boards.

He saw action at OLB when he was at his lowest weight, because obviously he couldn't play DE at 220 lbs. But he only actually got 7 plays in at LB.

And when he did his linebackers drills at his Pro Day he looked pretty bad. He was almost universally projected as a potential 3-4 OLB before his Pro Day, but after his poor perfomance in linebacker drills he isn't thought so much as a potential 3-4 guy. That perception is also magnified by his very poor shuttle and cone times.

From NFLDraftScout:
[/color][/font]

It wouldn't surprise me if more that a few had him going in the second. He was a projected 1-2 pick to begin with. He's risen some. He certainly could fall some. The consensus at this time is middle of round one to upper round two. He isn't expected to fall to us at 22. You can find stats, mocks, and opinions to support you as well as vice versa.

He's clearly a 4-3 end. However so was Ellis. I agree cones and shuttles show something but they are not playing football. I do agree with you tho. I don't expect him to play LB in the NFL. That doesn't preclude him playing it. It is pointless of me to argue otherwise and I wasn't doing go. The idea of him playing OLB in the 3-4 is not new nor my idea. And I don't think the idea he couild play LB was univeral either.