Since I'm still torqued about this here's what you do

jobberone

Kane Ala
Reaction score
Last nite we needed the ball back. We stacked the LOS and kept the safeties close. We all know what happened.

NY has Carolina penned up against their own EZ. They stacked the LOS but kept someone deep.

Doubt this needs it's own thread but this is the kind of thing that is killing us. It's attention to detail and mistakes. Failure to execute.

No guarantee that the RB doesn't beat the safety anyway but it shows you are in the game. Don't act flabbergasted when someone draws to the flush or st8. Protect against it. Especially the second time.

Is this important or just me venting?

jobberone

Kane Ala
Reaction score
goshan;2516663 said:
Call was fine
Execution was bad.

It seems arrogant to me. You need the ball back and you can't give up a score. Esp you do it twice in a row. Like lightening can't possibly strike again.

Wrong.

CATCH17

1st Round Pick
Reaction score
Hamlin was in position to make the tackle.

Hamlin was the biggest reason we lost that game last night IMO.

jobberone

Kane Ala
Reaction score
CATCH17;2516696 said:
Hamlin was in position to make the tackle.

Hamlin was the biggest reason we lost that game last night IMO.

Perhaps you guys are right. I did say failure to execute. But you need to put people in the right spot. If Hamlin is deeper maybe he slows the guy down some or forces him to the sideline. It just shows you know what you need to do. If Wade says I like to gamble there then ok. Still looks pretty dumb twice in a row.

CATCH17

1st Round Pick
Reaction score
jobberone;2516712 said:
Perhaps you guys are right. I did say failure to execute. But you need to put people in the right spot. If Hamlin is deeper maybe he slows the guy down some or forces him to the sideline. It just shows you know what you need to do. If Wade says I like to gamble there then ok. Still looks pretty dumb twice in a row.

I understand what you mean.

A step or 2 deeper and he would've had a better angle.

For the 1st time this season I missed Roy Williams. Hes good in those situations.

TD-33

Benched
Reaction score
Watch the replay. Our left end got blown across to the right side (he was doubled) the NT was doubled but held pretty well, Zach got caught behind the left end (couldn't tell who it was but that's how far he was moved out), James was blown up by the fullback big time and Hamlin was a speed bump.