Since we have signed 7 FA'S...

tkiehl

Reaction score
Who will be cut that was on the team last year? All 7 will make the team and Vandy just steps in @ kicker so we have 6 cuts to make and after the draft probably 4 more.....nice problem to finally have....make 10 cuts!

Stash

Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
tkiehl said:
Who will be cut that was on the team last year? All 7 will make the team and Vandy just steps in @ kicker so we have 6 cuts to make and after the draft probably 4 more.....nice problem to finally have....make 10 cuts!

Vanderjagt for Cundiff
Owens for Keyshawn Johnson
Ayodele for Dat Hguyen
Fabini for Tucker (hopefully)
Boiman for Ogbogu/Fujita
Hannam for Campbell
Kosier for Larry Allen

Cowboys22

Reaction score
We've already lost 5 or 6 guys and there were a few stiffs like Lynn Scott on the team at the end last year. We've got a few guys coming back from injury also so guys like Peterman, Fowler, Shanle, Pile, Johnson, Ratcliff, and a few other better step it up or they will be gone. There is certainly going to be more talent on the team this year. We will surely have to cut some good football players this year.

This is also another reason I don't want to trade back for more picks in the draft. I feel like if we draft 8 to 9 guys, we are either wasting picks that will never make it or have to cut some good players already on the team. Personally, I'd rather trade up or trade the 5th, 6th, and 7th to move up for a better player. I just don't see much room on the team for the guys drafted on day 2 this year, but I guess I could be wrong.

Cowboys&Caps

Reaction score
here is our 53 man roster after training camp

(-st) indicates starting
(*) indicates significant playing time throughout season

QB
Drew Bledsoe-st
Drew Henson
Tony Romo

RB
Marion Barber*
Julius Jones-st
Tyson Thompson*

FB
Lousaka Polite*

TE
Ryan Hannam*
Brett Pierce
Jason Witten-st

WR
Terrance Copper*
Patrick Crayton-st
Terry Glenn-st
Terrell Owens-st

OT
Flozell Adams-st
Marc Colombo
Jason Fabini-st
Rob Petitti*
Torrin Tucker

OG
Kyle Kosier*
Stephen Peterman
Marco Rivera-st
Max-Jean Gilles- (2nd)-st

C
Andre Gurode-st
Al Johnson*

Sp. Teams
Mike Vanderjagt
L.P. Ladouceur
Mat McBriar

NT
Jason Ferguson-st
Thomas Johnson*

DE
Chris Canty-st
Greg Ellis*
Jay Ratliff*
Marcus Spears-st

ILB
Akin Ayodele-st
Scott Shanle*
Rocky Boiman*
Bradie James-st
Kai Parham (3rd through trade)*

OLB
Kevin Burnett*
Al Singleton*
Kalen Thornton- st
DeMarcus Ware-st
Manny Lawson(1st)*

SS
Justin Beriault*
Roy Williams-st

FS
Keith Davis*
Pat Watkins-(3rd)-st

CB
Aaron Glenn-st
Anthony Henry-st
Nathan Jones*
Terence Newman-st
Jacques Reeves*

Last cuts are

Tom Crowder
Kenyon Coleman
Eric Ogbogu
Ryan Fowler

Cowboys22

Reaction score
I like that roster, but it proves my point. Who are we going to cut in place of our 5th, 6th or 7th round picks? I'd rather use them to trade up into the 3rd or 4th round or trade them for future picks.

sago1

Reaction score
Since we're allowed to take around 83 players to TC, no way does Singleton, Fowler or Shanle get cut. In fact I wouldn't be surprised to see Singleton make the team again this year. He's the only player with any significant playing time at LB. All our other LBs are just in 2nd year (Ware), or coming off IR (Thornton/Burnett), new to team & never played in 3-4 (Ayodale/Boiman), backups (Shanle/Fowler) & ILB starter Bradie James. Additionally we probably draft DE Manny Lawson/ Kimbley or OLB Carpenter). Parcells was concerned last year about the lack of veteran experience in his LB core; he's not letting Singleton this year. Next year is whole other matter.