Since when did getting poked in the eye draw a personal foul?

SteveOS

Dedicated to Sports Gaming
Reaction score
LOL, just had to laugh at that one. I mean, seriously...

TellerMorrow34

BraveHeartFan
Reaction score
TwentyOne;2440413 said:
Hands to the face ?

Exactly. Since the moment they made it an issue to put your hands to the face and more specifically if your hands go inside the face mask.

Seven

Messenger to the football Gods
Reaction score
Really. Do it to my kids all the time. Doesn't leave any marks!!

"Did you do this"? JAB!! :D

superpunk

Reaction score
Your hand cannot make contact with the QBs head. The eye is part of the head in most cultures, I think.

TwentyOne

Reaction score
Seven;2440424 said:
Really. Do it to my kids all the time. Doesn't leave any marks!!

"Did you do this"? JAB!! :D

Ah now i understand your sig so much more. :D

TwentyOne

Reaction score
superpunk;2440428 said:
Your hand cannot make contact with the QBs head. The eye is part of the head in most cultures, I think.

After the contact it may not be part of the head anymore but in general i think your right. :laugh2:

SteveOS

Dedicated to Sports Gaming
Reaction score
Ya, it is the rule, but wow. They must have been thinking of Moe, Larry and Curly w/ implementing it.

It almost looked fake to me, guess we'll start seeing those about as many times as we see flops in the NBA or soccer players going down in a heap.

If I get poked in the eye, my eye is red w/ a tear or two. This guy was faking it. But like I said, it was funny to me, no worries, back to your regularly scheduled program.

aikemirv

Reaction score
OK, but I thought throwing a punch got you an automatic ejection. Is that not the case anymore because Snatana Moss should have been ejected yesterday early in the game.

Brandon Jacobs in the game against Dallas too for that matter!

superpunk

Reaction score
aikemirv;2440746 said:
OK, but I thought throwing a punch got you an automatic ejection. Is that not the case anymore because Snatana Moss should have been ejected yesterday early in the game.

Brandon Jacobs in the game against Dallas too for that matter!
There is no rule that "throwing a punch=auto ejection." It's up to the ref's judgement, if they think it's way over the top.

Therefore, when it is enforced, like so many things it isn't enforced very consistently.

Doomsday101

Reaction score
I think it is was a good call but I hate the rule. You have a lineman with a blocker on him pushing him and he inadvertently poked the QB in the eye. I’m all for protecting the QB from unnecessary hits but I think the league has taken it too far