Since word seems to indicate a trade of one of our #1's...

VACowboy

Reaction score
I chose Atlanta as a partner and did a mock of the first three rounds.

#22) Antoine Cason (CB) - 6'0", 191 - Arizona
He's bigger and faster than Flowers and more fluid and instinctive than Talib. Smart and technically savvy, he's just the ball hawk our defense needs.

#34) Jamaal Charles (RB) - 5'11", 200 - Texas
He runs between the tackles and explodes out of a crowd. A real homerun threat, he's the perfect compliment to Barber as well as a guy who can carry the load if asked to.

#61) Chilo Rachal (OG) - 6'6", 322 - USC
Huge, mauling guard with quick feet. I like him next to Flo, ripping holes for MBIII and leading Charles around the end.

#68) Earl Bennett (WR) - 5'11", 208 - Vanderbilt
A quick receiver with great hands who was extremely and consistently productive in college, despite terrible QB play.

#92) Quentin Demps (FS) - 6'0", 206 - UTEP
He had seven INTs this past season as well as a pair of forced fumbles, a real playmaker from the FS position.

ThatsmyQB

Benched
Reaction score
VACowboy;2046482 said:
I chose Atlanta as a partner and did a mock of the first three rounds.

#22) Antoine Cason (CB) - 6'0", 191 - Arizona
He's bigger and faster than Flowers and more fluid and instinctive than Talib. Smart and technically savvy, he's just the ball hawk our defense needs.

#34) Jamaal Charles (RB) - 5'11", 200 - Texas
He runs between the tackles and explodes out of a crowd. A real homerun threat, he's the perfect compliment to Barber as well as a guy who can carry the load if asked to.

#61) Chilo Rachal (OG) - 6'6", 322 - USC
Huge, mauling guard with quick feet. I like him next to Flo, ripping holes for MBIII and leading Charles around the end.

#68) Earl Bennett (WR) - 5'11", 208 - Vanderbilt
A quick receiver with great hands who was extremely and consistently productive in college, despite terrible QB play.

#92) Quentin Demps (FS) - 6'0", 206 - UTEP
He had seven INTs this past season as well as a pair of forced fumbles, a real playmaker from the FS position.

6'-6 scares me for a guard since Romo isn't the tallest Q.B. to begin with!
Even though you dont' throw over the lineman, it still could interfere with his seeing the field.
Cason is a mid 2nd round prospect, Kiper thinks we can get him with our late 2nd rounder, I think that's too far down, but to pick him at #22 is a huge reah.
Charles isn't a bd pick but I feel we can get him a little later also, about pick 50 or so.
Way too much of a reach for Bennet and especially Demps IMO!

I don't like this at all!
Plus you never explained what the trade specifics were.

If we had those picks, I'd go something like this!

#22 C.B. Aqib Talib
#34 W.R. Limas Sweed or James Hardy, whoever is left over
#61 Trade up a few spots to grab R.B. Jamaal Charles or sit tight and hope he falls or pick Ray Rice.
#68 D.T. Red Bryant
#92 C.B. Zach Bowman

Jordan55

Reaction score
VA, looks good to me, I like all your picks and now considering we traded our fourth for Pacman. All you need is the first three rounds basically.
I wouldn't doubt that we move our 22nd, because I believe we still could get Cason with the 28th pick. Make it two second round picks instead of two third round picks.

AbeBeta

Reaction score
that'd be a nice take for the first couple -- I am a bit wary of USC linemen -- not because of Rogers -- but because they seem to get rated very highly (Justice, Kalil) based on the fact that they played for USC in a "pro" offense.