Singletary, great... however

sbuscha

king****
Reaction score
I assume this is just a token minority interview. I would love his passion on the sidelines. It would be a much needed emotion injection. I fear that JJ is just using this as his mandatory minority interview and it is a SHAME if it is!!

I know, I know it is Singletary. I couldn't change the title...oops!!

Doomsday101

Reaction score
sbuscha;1348760 said:
I assume this is just a token minority interview. I would love his passion on the sidelines. It would be a much needed emotion injection. I fear that JJ is just using this as his mandatory minority interview and it is a SHAME if it is!!

I think it will be for DC job and if that is the case then I would assume that Norv will get the HC job. I think when it was reported Norv would want to name his own DC I think he was referring to Singletary. Damn Crystal ball is all fogged up right now. :laugh2:

hendog

Reaction score
Doomsday101;1348762 said:
I think it will be for DC job and if that is the case then I would assume that Norv will get the HC job. I think when it was reported Norv would want to name his own DC I think he was referring to Singletary. Damn Crystal ball is all fogged up right now. :laugh2:

I hope you're right. I like the idea of Norv and Sing better than Norv alone. Would MS be the best DC? I don't know but I agree about his insensity being needed on this team, especially defense. Surely he'd be able to improve our LB play. Between him and Bowles I bet they could make our defense come together.

Future

Intramural Legend
Reaction score
CIWhitefish;1348772 said:
Who is this Singleton guy? Is he good?

(Sorry, couldn't resist!)

Its Al Singleton...come spring practices and TC many posters on here, including myself, will be callling for his release

burmafrd

Reaction score
Some people should proof read before they post- especially the title of the thread!!

BulletBob

The Godfather
Reaction score
Future 585;1348780 said:
Its Al Singleton...come spring practices and TC many posters on here, including myself, will be callling for his release

:laugh2:

CrazyCowboy

Reaction score
Future 585;1348780 said:

:lmao2: :star:

sbuscha

king****
Reaction score
burmafrd;1348786 said:
Some people should proof read before they post- especially the title of the thread!!

Chill out man, I was unable to edit the title. Maybe you should not post if the thread is just to much for you!! Why has this site become a place where everyone needs to bash the other fan instead of posting football talk.

hendog

Reaction score
sbuscha;1348863 said:
Chill out man, I was unable to edit the title. Maybe you should not post if the thread is just to much for you!! Why has this site become a place where everyone needs to bash the other fan instead of posting football talk.

I agree - I get tired of all the correcting of typing mistakes and bashing others ideas. It's a message board. Not everyone has the same views and typing errors will occur.

zeromaster

Reaction score
A nerve has been hit...

Only the mods know for sure, but I'm guessing well over 50% of the threads here are bashing. People will complain about anything, why is this a surprise?
:eek:

peplaw06

That Guy
Reaction score
sbuscha;1348760 said:
I assume this is just a token minority interview.
I thought we already interviewed one "minority candidate..." Todd Bowles:confused:

superpunk

Reaction score
I think if you can't take a little playful ribbing for making a mistake, a message board dominated by guys isn't the place for you. (also understand that burmafrd is just a curmudgeon. He hates everything - including Al Singleton and puppies)

I don't understand yet why Singletary is a great idea, but I would prefer it to Norv. The Devil you don't know....

theogt

Surrealist
Reaction score
peplaw06;1348925 said:
I thought we already interviewed one "minority candidate..." Todd Bowles:confused:
Apparently "the league" wasn't happy about that because he was from inside of the organization and wasn't a real candidate.

sbuscha

king****
Reaction score
zeromaster;1348917 said:
A nerve has been hit...

Only the mods know for sure, but I'm guessing well over 50% of the threads here are bashing. People will complain about anything, why is this a surprise?
:eek:

This board was one of the only places that people did not bash another when I joined a year and a half ago. Now someone hijacks a thread and complains that the title is not right when EVERYONE obviously knew what I was discussing. Also there was no way for me to edit the title once I posted. The guy joined a month after me and has about 6, 500 more posts, I guess if all you do is post all day you'll get practice.

CIWhitefish

Reaction score
The big problem with this whole coaching search is there are no real good candidates this year. I don't know how many of you play fantasy footbal but it's like trying to decide between several OK receivers who to start. You can make a case for and against anyone that isn't a stud. You get lucky and you look smart. You miss and you think dang, I should have started the other guy. You can't win. You either get a stud or you go with your gut and pray! That's what this search reminds me of.

DipChit

Reaction score
superpunk;1348929 said:
I don't understand yet why Singletary is a great idea, but I would prefer it to Norv. The Devil you don't know....

Well I think he's the type that would make a good HC... but he'd need really stout coordinators.. at least 1 of them... not unlike Jimmy.

But here again it's just a crappy year to be in the market for even 1 proven coordinator that happens to be out of work.. let alone two.

burmafrd

Reaction score
Lets be clear: how is someone to take a post seriously if he cannot get even the NAME of the person right?

superpunk

Reaction score
burmafrd;1348959 said:
Lets be clear: how is someone to take a post seriously if he cannot get even the NAME of the person right?

Don't be so pedantic. You know who he was talking about. Give him a hard time about it and move on with the actual discussion.