Sirianni says that targeting only 3 receivers against the Cowboys was by design

Runwildboys

Confused about stuff
Reaction score
CowboysZone DIEHARD Fan
https://share.newsbreak.com/5ngtqjpn

This may be the most boneheaded coaching decision after Seattle purposely leaving Micah unlocked at 4th and 2 and the game on the line. It’s no wonder there is grumbling amongst Philly players that their offense is too predictable.
I don't think they intended to leave Micah unblocked. I think they were expecting him to cover the RB.

doomsday9084

Reaction score
Does it have anything to do with them thinking that Jalen Hurts is limited in being able to go through more than one read or stand in the pocket to scan the field and be able to spread the ball around more effectively?
The Niners seemed to think that is the case. When you read the analysis on what they did, they tried to force him to sit in the pocket and make reads.

Regardless, I have been watching Philly all year. Hurts isn't as good as last year. The OC leaving really hurt them. The defense is a mess. They are really lucky they aren't sitting at 7-6 right now with a bunch of calls and flukes frequently going their way to save them.

CowboysFaninHouston

CowboysFaninDC
Reaction score
https://share.newsbreak.com/5ngtqjpn

This may be the most boneheaded coaching decision after Seattle purposely leaving Micah unlocked at 4th and 2 and the game on the line. It’s no wonder there is grumbling amongst Philly players that their offense is too predictable.
its an excuse. he has to say it was by design, else he is throwing Hurts under the bus

lukemartin79

Reaction score
The Niners seemed to think that is the case. When you read the analysis on what they did, they tried to force him to sit in the pocket and make reads.

Regardless, I have been watching Philly all year. Hurts isn't as good as last year. The OC leaving really hurt them. The defense is a mess. They are really lucky they aren't sitting at 7-6 right now with a bunch of calls and flukes frequently going their way to save them.
Excellent points. I haven't seen all the Eagles games, but have seen some. It has been clear that they have taken steps backward from last year. I think they lost both the OC as well as the DC from last year. Thats a big deal for anyone. Hurts is the most obvious regression, he's becoming a turnover machine. Its not just him though - that defense is a shell of itself from last year and has been since the first game of the year. Patriots outplayed them but they squeezed out a W. All of us here know how they should have lost the first matchup with the Cowboys. They got lucky again - which seems to be how their whole season has gone. They had 2 close games with the Skins even, they are still the Skins to me - lol. Mahomes and the Chefs had them beat too, but the dummy dropped the winning TD. The Bills had them beat too. They very easily could be riding a 5 game losing streak right now - but they managed to pull these close games out. Thats kind of scaring me. But fortunately, luck always runs out.

bottleKids

Reaction score
Who cares? Let their fans and message boards worry about it. Why are there multiple Eagles threads this morning? I get they are a division rival, but like they are not any good, and are 10-3 with a lot of luck. On to the Bills... right?

817Gill

Reaction score
Excellent points. I haven't seen all the Eagles games, but have seen some. It has been clear that they have taken steps backward from last year. I think they lost both the OC as well as the DC from last year. Thats a big deal for anyone. Hurts is the most obvious regression, he's becoming a turnover machine. Its not just him though - that defense is a shell of itself from last year and has been since the first game of the year. Patriots outplayed them but they squeezed out a W. All of us here know how they should have lost the first matchup with the Cowboys. They got lucky again - which seems to be how their whole season has gone. They had 2 close games with the Skins even, they are still the Skins to me - lol. Mahomes and the Chefs had them beat too, but the dummy dropped the winning TD. The Bills had them beat too. They very easily could be riding a 5 game losing streak right now - but they managed to pull these close games out. Thats kind of scaring me. But fortunately, luck always runs out.
Funny part is nobody in the media thought it would be a huge deal that they lost those coordinators. But losing Kellen Moore was some huge and detrimental loss for us.

I guess when you win and get to a SB within 5 years you get the benefit of the doubt. But man to think that losing both coordinators won’t pull a team back much is extremely optimistic.

Kellsbells

Reaction score
Funny part is nobody in the media thought it would be a huge deal that they lost those coordinators. But losing Kellen Moore was some huge and detrimental loss for us.

I guess when you win and get to a SB within 5 years you get the benefit of the doubt. But man to think that losing both coordinators won’t pull a team back much is extremely optimistic.
I’m glad DQ has decided to stick around these past 2 years, even though he interviewed for head coaching jobs.