SI's King frosts me...

Spontae

Reaction score
He constantly fawns over Favre, blithely ignores the effects of cheating as a dead issue (*cough* Pats *cough*) and each week writes positive blurbs about most of the winning teams in the NFL...except for Dallas. King's coverage of the Cowboys in his MMQB tends to be either thoughtless or lacking analysis (for instance, compare this week's Fine 15 blurb on the 'Boys with the ones above and below):

"The Fine Fifteen:

1. New England (9-0). Bye Week Thought of the Week: Since Oct. 18, the Hub's baseball, basketball and football teams (Sox, Celts, Pats) are 15-0.

2. Indianapolis (7-2). Have you ever seen a more disastrous stretch of Peyton Manning football than the first quarter Sunday night? Check out the wide receivers who dressed for the Colts in San Diego: Reggie Wayne, Aaron Moorehead (27 career catches in 34 games before Sunday night), Craphonso Thorpe (zero career catches, signed Oct. 6 off the Colts' practice squad). That's it.

3. Dallas (8-1). The Cowboys play four of their next five at home, including a pivotal Nov. 29 game against Green Bay.

4. Pittsburgh (7-2). And thus ends the AFC North pennant race. The Steelers are 4-0 in the division, with a 2 1/2-game lead on second-place Cleveland. (The half-game comes from holding the tiebreaker edge because of the season sweep over the Browns.) What this means is if Pittsburgh goes 4-3 down the stretch, Cleveland will have to go 7-0 to win the division."

Not much meat on the bone there regarding the Cowboys, Peter. Best you could do? For no reason given Romo has dropped from his MVP watch after a crucial showing against the NYG.

And finally, this gem, from 10 Things He Thinks He Thinks, what he liked about Week 10:

"c. Dallas: 75 points against the Giants in eight quarters."

Um, I believe 45 plus 31 equals 76. But the statement is still true, I suppose, as the Cowboys also scored 74 against the Giants in 8 quarters, and 73 and 72 and 71.....

Is accuracy in reporting now too much to ask? Or does P. King just not like the Cowboys?

BrAinPaiNt

Mike Smith aka Backwoods Sexy
Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
tyke1doe;1761671 said:
Not another "the media doesn't respect us" thread. :(

http://i18.***BLOCKED***/albums/b133/BrAinPaiNt/ItsNotFair.jpg

Feel free to use it when you feel the need.:D

jterrell

Penguinite
Reaction score
He ranked us 3rd and noted we scored 75 points in 2 games versus the Giants.

I admit he didn't sound giddy at our success but he is hardly saying we suck:)

Hostile

The Duke
Reaction score
BrAinPaiNt;1761815 said:
http://i18.***BLOCKED***/albums/b133/BrAinPaiNt/ItsNotFair.jpg

Feel free to use it when you feel the need.:D
I love this. I mean I really, REALLY love this.

NoLuv4Jerry

Reaction score
did you also notice that Romo is no longer in his list of 5 canidates for NFL MVP. What has Romo done to be DROPPED from that list over the weekend? I mean it almost seems like the media has conspired to tweak the Cowboy fans. I mean just last Monday night Mike Wilbon said "the Saints would represent the NFC in the Super Bowl". Then they get dump trucked by a winless team...I wonder what he will say now, "the Saints will WIN the Super Bowl"?

CrazyCowboy

Reaction score
I believe he picked us to go to the SB last year...maybe he is upset with us.

Zman5

Reaction score
CrazyCowboy;1761835 said:
I believe he picked us to go to the SB last year...maybe he is upset with us.

He's upset with Wade for calling him a liar.