Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
NFLDraftScout.com
Six players declared eligible for July 11 supplemental NFL draft
By Rob Rang | The Sports Xchange/CBSSports.com
July 8, 2013 1:25 am ET

img22681079.jpg
O.J. Ross (No. 4) hopes his production at Purdue will lead to an NFL opportunity. (USATSI)
NFL teams were alerted over the holiday weekend of the six players eligible for Thursday's supplemental draft.

Alphabetically, they are:

DE James Boyd, UNLV
DT Nate Holloway, UNLV
DE Toby Jackson, Central Florida
WR DeWayne Peace, Houston
WR O.J. Ross, Purdue
DB Damond Smith, South Alabama

The two most prominent players are the receivers Peace and Ross (pictured above), who combined for 110 passes for 1,057 yards and four touchdowns in 2012 and were being counted on by their collegiate teams to produce even more as seniors.

Read the rest: http://www.cbssports.com/nfl/draft/...d-eligible-for-july-11-supplemental-nfl-draft

joseephuss

Reaction score
Holloway is huge. He is listed anywhere from 350 to 365 lbs. I don't know anything about him other than that. The last player Dallas took in the supplemental draft hasn't really worked out, so I am not ecstatic over this year's crop of players.

DeaconMoss

Reaction score
What are the ramifaications of selecting a SD player? Do you lose picks if the guy makes the team or anything like that?

Longboysfan

hipfake08
Reaction score
Yes. Supplmental Draft is done by email to NFL office you put in pick for player is a round.
Just like regular NFL draft.
If player available in that round - you get them.
You lose your 2014 choice for that round.

RS12

Reaction score
Boyd was a pretty heralded recruit at USC. Think he might be a jack of all trades though, never really mastered a college position. Proto type size/ speed type. Wouldnt mind seeing him in camp as UDFA.

Displaced Cowboy

Reaction score
The guy I am most interested in adding now is Michael Bamiro, OT from Stony Brook.

Strange story where he went to Pitt for a year but didn't play football. Decided he wanted to play and transferred to Stony Brook. I guess neither he nor the school realized his NCAA eligibility clock started ticking when he was at Pitt even though he wasn't playing. Anyway, technically he should have been part of this past draft but he went undrafted, since teams weren't aware he was eligible to be taken. NFL also just declared him ineligible for the Supplemental draft and declared him an UDFA.

From what I've read sounds like he is a mid round talent.

http://www.goseawolves.org/sports/m-footbl/mtt/michael_bamiro_451442.html

Alexander

What's it going to be then, eh?
Reaction score
Steve Walsh?

I think he means Brent.

Overall our history is not great with it. Walsh was good, but his value was more on what Jimmy Johnson pilfered from the Saints from what he produced on the field.

We made bad selections with Mike Lowman, John Davis, Darren Benson and Brent. We nearly spent a pick on Gordon last year, who is now suspended and also bust Tony Hollings in 2003.

The supplemental draft should be renamed the draft for the destitute, lazy, dumb and/or criminal.

The majority of the time it is full of players who are underachievers who never showed the drive to be great.