Sizing Up the Size-Speed Receivers: Wes Bunting

RS12

Reaction score
Cowboys Nation: The Cowboys like tall receivers. That's their template. They want 6'2'' guys with some speed. They got a gift with Laurent Robinson last year. Here was a tall guy who could get over the top. When they go three wide, they want to put Miles Austin in the slot.

Looking at your list, who are some size-speed guys, starting around the 3rd round or so, who could perhaps fill that Robinson role early in their careers?

Wes Bunting: You're looking size-speed guys, starting in the 3rd?

CN: Let's open the window in the 2nd. Let's say 2nd to 4th. We've talked about the smallish slot guys, the Joe Adams types, but not about the bigger guys.

WB: Stephen Hill, who we talked about before, is a 1st round guy now. You can kiss him good-bye.

I think Rueben Randle from LSU ran well at his pro day. He ran in the high 4.3 range. Granted, at the Combine he ran a low 4.5. He can run. There are some people who think he gets into the 1st round. I think he could, but if he's there in the 2nd, he's a guy who fits what you're talking about.

Mohamed Sanu from Rutgers ran 4.41 his pro day. I don't think he plays that fast, but I think he could be there in the 2nd round.

Now, instead of 1st-2nd round guys, we're talking 2nd-3rd round guys. Brian Quick from Appalachian State is a vertical route runner. He ran high 4.4s. He's 6'2''. He can go get the football. I think he's a really intriguing player.

http://www.cowboyszone.com/2012/03/sizing-up-size-speed-receivers-wes.html