Slants

Rampage

Benched
Reaction score
I wish Romo would stop sucking at them and get better. we got 2 big fast wrs who are perfect for slants. Romo was late again on a slant to Owens yesterday. he keeps taking too long to throw the ball on slants. what is so hard about completing the most safe and sure route a wr can run?

RoadRunner

Reaction score
Makes you wonder. Seems like if we could get that route down our offense would be virtually unstoppable.

Chocolate Lab

Run-loving Dino
Reaction score
I think it's harder against 34 teams like Pitt who can drop those OLBs into coverage at the snap and be right where a slant pass would be going.

RoadRunner

Reaction score
Chocolate Lab;2474355 said:
I think it's harder against 34 teams like Pitt who can drop those OLBs into coverage at the snap and be right where a slant pass would be going.

That should logically then open up TE plays and the running game. The slant is too powerful of a weapon to not utilize, and we hardly ever run it regardless of the defense of the opponent.

Rampage

Benched
Reaction score
RoadRunner;2474349 said:
Makes you wonder. Seems like if we could get that route down our offense would be virtually unstoppable.
yeah man. Tony takes too long to throw it.

Chocolate Lab;2474355 said:
good thing for us their's only a handfull of teams who use the 3-4

sbark

Reaction score
The slant, if not hit by Romo....turns into a natural crossing pattern.....didnt see those either....

The slant helps TO get off the los without being in motion......

can rub the db off on lb'rs to some extent and if the lb'rs dont drop deep enought the TE should be in a soft spot ....

Troy P cant be in all places all the time